Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, this is my first post on here. I am looking if anyone either has, or can make me the TPS adapter to run on ITB's. I bought the OBX kit last year, finally getting around to fitting it, and fabbing the last bit of stuff and I'd really like to get a hold of the adapter. Circuit hero sadly no longer makes them... contacted OBX and they are... idiots. I rather not have to make one.

I will post pictures as soon as I allowed to.

This is going in a 76 New Zealand Mini with a d16a6 bottom, zc pistons and head, rocket 5 cam, and some other goodies.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Use a Toyota TPS. They use a 5 volt reference like Honda.

From HT

VCC = Reference Voltage 5v (+)
VTA = Signal
IDL = Not Used
E2 = Ground (-)

Try wiring it up this way and do a normal Honda tps voltage test. See what voltage you get at closed and WOT. Honda voltages are 0-0.5v CT to 4.5-5v WOT

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Use a Toyota TPS. They use a 5 volt reference
It just pisses me off that OBX now includes the adapter now, I have called them and they have no clue. I said it's pictured right on your website, can I just buy the adapter. I would prefer not to use the Toyota one because I already have a nice brand new obd1 tucked harness.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
You could easily make a connector harness to adapt it cleanly or swap the connector out for a Toyota one, shouldn't be that hard, you only need the 3 wires.

Or keep pecking away at OBX until they supply you with one. Bomb them with emails and phone calls until someone relents, eventually they will tire of hearing from you everyday and get you one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts