Honda D Series Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Here are my itbs. They are off of a cbr600f4i. Mounted on an 90 lx intake manifold. I have everything made and ready and should be on this weekend. Ill have dyno graphs shortly also.

E

·
0 Posts
DOG said:
Nice. What did you do about the water outlet on the manifold? Did you put a Brass fitting or something? I like the fact that the b2 manifold has the map sensor there on the runner.
Yeah it has a fitting over it. Ill have it installed saturday. Can't wait

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
What is everyone doing with the IACV? I'll be using a remote IACV, but still figuring out where to run hoses. Anyone trying longer runners? Different placement of injectors? Anyone try the motorcycle injectors in the stock Dseries flange location?

E

·
0 Posts
DOG said:
What is everyone doing with the IACV? I'll be using a remote IACV, but still figuring out where to run hoses. Anyone trying longer runners? Different placement of injectors? Anyone try the motorcycle injectors in the stock Dseries flange location?
I have a vacuum log i could use for mine but my iacv is bad right now so it wouldnt even matter. I wont worry about it until i get a new one. I will be getting different size runners with different bends in them to see what they do. My mom works at a machine shop and will be able to make me some aluminum runners. Ill let you know tomorrow on how the install went.

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
DOG said:
I think we agreed that putting the injectors in the stock location would do more bad than good. Having them farther away from the head allows for better fuel atomization to give a better bang.

How did you rig up that remote IACV? Maybe a little how-to or something. :TU:

·
Registered
531 Posts
DOG said:
You sure a remote IACV will work? There will be a lot of positive/negative pressure in those lines as the IACV opens/closes...it def wont work as well as stock.

Not knocking the idea, just hoping you have some luck with it...i don't know of anyone who has done this.

Vince

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
AgentJam said:
You sure a remote IACV will work? There will be a lot of positive/negative pressure in those lines as the IACV opens/closes...it def wont work as well as stock.

Not knocking the idea, just hoping you have some luck with it...i don't know of anyone who has done this.

Vince
Yes it should work. I used one like this with an auto y8 intake manifold and it worked fine, but using it with ITB's is another question. Ill hope for the best and expect the worst.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
FooSchnickens said:
I think we agreed that putting the injectors in the stock location would do more bad than good. Having them farther away from the head allows for better fuel atomization to give a better bang.

How did you rig up that remote IACV? Maybe a little how-to or something. :TU:
My concern about placement of the injectors is over fuel atomization vs. puddling. I want to make the runners longer, if possible using a "S" shape. If I put the injectors further up the runners chances are I will have a big problem with the gas puddling.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
After looking at the HT article, and seeing how the vac log was done, I was wondering why not just use the fuel rail as a vac log? You could run brass fittings out of the oem inj. location, and fittings out of the fuel rail's inj. holes. Connect the corresponding inj. holes/fittings with hoses to the fuel rail. Modify the fuel line inlet to be used for the brake booster. Take off the fpr and use it for the IAT or MAP. What do you think? too far gone?

P

·
0 Posts
why can't the itb's be welded to the manifold why use those rubber copllings?

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
I'd rather try and make a flange that they can bolt to........don't see welding as a good idea, just incase one has to be removed for some or other reason.

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
and so it begins......

Now I just gotta figure out what all the little nipples are for, and then slice & dice it :lol:

81 - 94 of 94 Posts