Honda D Series Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
I found out this weekend that the local model 2.0 litre 4 cylinder 20v toyota corolla came out with stock ITB's.......will see if I can get some pictures of that to post.

S

·
0 Posts
flatfourfan said:
I found out this weekend that the local model 2.0 litre 4 cylinder 20v toyota corolla came out with stock ITB's.......will see if I can get some pictures of that to post.
well, i have been having some communication with another member and the idea came up that e30 m3 uses ITB's, and, this said, we might have a solution for the missing IACV issue that plagues all Honda ITB setups. I am not suggesting using e30 ITB's incase one was to misunderstand, i am simply saying that since it seems the e30 m3 uses a remote iacv, we need to study that setup further and also study the ranges of the bimmer iacv to see if the ranges are compatible, or could be manipulated with some added resistance etc...

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts

·
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
Someone earlier was asking about the flow rate for the 929 injectors. I wasn't able to find the numbers on those, but the 954 injectors are 240cc. Don't know if the two are interchangeable, but it's a start.

·
Registered
531 Posts
this thread is the bomb...built and i were talking about itb's a few nights back. The more i think about it the more i want to try it.

Does anyone have any solid dyno "before & after" data?

Any dyno results (and i mean full plots not just peak #'s) i'd like to know the runner length and runner diameter as well.

A lot of you guys have seen builthatch and i's results, i'd like to still keep my redline below 8k for sure and retain decent braking.

I think with the crower 3 cam's duration/lift the itb's would just rock! Keep it coming guys i'm liking the info :)

Vince

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I just bought a set of ITB's from kommon_sense. They should be here sometime next week. I got some pictures from him I will post and When I start to get my hands dirty with the project I will post some new pics. Hopefully vtecnitrocrx will weld up some new runners on IM flange for me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
CBR 929 Injector size

FooSchnickens said:
Someone earlier was asking about the flow rate for the 929 injectors. I wasn't able to find the numbers on those, but the 954 injectors are 240cc. Don't know if the two are interchangeable, but it's a start.
According to Russ at RC ... the CBR 929 injectors are 240cc as well ....

The big difference between the two is that the 929's have 4 orifices and the 954's have 9 I beleive.

Both are saturated.

Cheers

Moose

·
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
Lookin good DOG. I've been calling arond to junkyards near me to see waht they can scrounge up. No one's called back yet, but i'm in no rush. I have to finish my build first. :twisted:

·
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
Just remembered something, so those of us with D16a1s, we don't have IACV, we have EACV. Is there any difference between the two? Or is it the same system just renamed?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

·
Registered
125 Posts
DOG said:
HondaTuning article on ITB's by Bob Hernandez
If you are going to scan and post my article, at least give me the credit for it ;-)

The ITB's are still on my car and running relatively well. The spikey dyno graphs have been smoothed out to a clean 130whp which is pretty respectable IMO. Part throttle needs some more tuning, with a more applicable engine management system (I.E. Alpha-N, TPS based maps, maybe 3-axis maps). The car drives great, I just can't tune the rich out of decelleration/engine-braking. The car shoots fire out of the tailpipe on tip in post-decell 8). All in all it has been a great project.

Check out Honda Tuning Magazine in the future for more D-Series fun. We did a mini-me story in the march issue which should be on the shelves about now. I have some other things in the works that'll tickle your fancies (I hope)

Bambooseven
AKA
Drü Barrios

·
Registered
75 Posts
here's a pic of my itb project. doesnt look like ive gotten very far but its all pretty much designed, i just gotta spend a couple more hours machining some stuff to complete it. i used 02 gsxr 600 itb's because i got them cheap and they are able to be split up. i made some 4mm aluminum spacersto go between the tb's so they line up with the ports on the head and so i can modify the stock civic fuel rail to fit. all i had to do was bend out the tabs that are used for syncronization so they will reach to the next tb. i also made some press fit aluminum plugs to plug up the holes that were from the choke butterflys. the aluminum stock sitting there is going to be used to make my homemade intake manifold. i found it easier to do this than to try and modify a stock manifold to work. it will also look alot cleaner and port match alot smoother. also, im using the stock civic injectors because i feel they are more than enough for any engine under 200hp and i dont really wanna deal with any headaches of trying to tune it for different injectors. also, what programs are you guys going to use to tune yours? a friend of mine suggested chrome because they came out with a new plugin that makes it easier to tune itb's.

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
random question.. would it be okay to either weld the intake runners, on the manifold, at an angle, so i can get the ITBS more vertical? or perhaps use a elbow, down at the block, so that i can achieve the same thing? i'm helping a friend set up some ITBs for his ride, but his car doesn't have enough room between the engine and firewall to do it straight back, and we're tring to find alternatives

·
Registered
75 Posts
OniFactor said:
random question.. would it be okay to either weld the intake runners, on the manifold, at an angle, so i can get the ITBS more vertical? or perhaps use a elbow, down at the block, so that i can achieve the same thing? i'm helping a friend set up some ITBs for his ride, but his car doesn't have enough room between the engine and firewall to do it straight back, and we're tring to find alternatives
i would assume it would be ok as long as it was a smooth transition and didnt constrict the flow. im going to angle mine up a few degrees so that any excess gas from the injectors doesnt run out into my air filter or down my vacuum lines while the car is parked

61 - 80 of 94 Posts