Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i just drop off a d15b2 intake manni flange(it's cut to the flange) which my tubing for my CBR600rr ITBs are going to be welded on. now my question is:
would elimating the coolant piping which comes out of the flange then a hose which connects back to the thermostat effect anyway my motor or performance? the only reason i ask is, i've seen ppl block it and what would be the alternative if i do block it. and no i he hasn't started welding anything till i can get a straight answer to my question.

·
Registered
102 Posts
well, i just drop off a d15b2 intake manni flange(it's cut to the flange) which my tubing for my CBR600rr ITBs are going to be welded on. now my question is:
would elimating the coolant piping which comes out of the flange then a hose which connects back to the thermostat effect anyway my motor or performance? the only reason i ask is, i've seen ppl block it and what would be the alternative if i do block it. and no i he hasn't started welding anything till i can get a straight answer to my question.
you can eliminate it. just reroute it. search here and/or honda-tech.com for how people route the coolant when running hondata type 'plastic' race intake manifold gasket... that's essentially what you're doing minus the 'plastic' race IM gasket. :TU:

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. it's a start

1 - 3 of 3 Posts