8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ingredients

a chicken breast.
Italian season
seat salt and corse pepper
exrta virgin olive oil
Roman tomato
Mozzerlla cheese(real stuff not that cheap stuff)

you can buy italian seasoning but if you're like i make me i make mine(not this time cause i was out of majoram)

Italian Seasoning Recipe

Ingredients:
•2 Tablespoons basil
•2 Tablespoons marjoram
•2 Tablespoons oregano
•2 Tablespoons rosemary
•2 Tablespoons thyme
•2 Tablespoons sage

Preparation:
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.

2. Use immediately or store in an air tight container.

first mix olive oil and season together. till it look like this equal space and olive oil and season.

now brush it on the chicken.

now grill it. my george forman grill has more miles on it them most of ya cars. lol.

slice the tomatoes and the mozzeralla(the real stuff is so tender)

toast the Ciabatta bread then drizzle some olive oil on it.

now place the grill chicken o the ciabatta bread, and the slice mozzeralla cheese.

set oven on broil. all you want to do is melt and toast the cheese. then sprinkle some pepper on the cheese.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
now place the tomato on the cheese and sprinkle some salt. the reason you put pepper on the cheese and salt on the tomatoe there usn't a clash with taste.

now drizzle some olive oil on the other side of the ciabatta bread, smack it together and enjoy/

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
I'm srsly bout to go to the store and get some ciabatta bread and seasoning, after I smoke this L of course. rep for a damn good lookin sammy

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol.

·
Registered
801 Posts
i know this is old-ish now, a tip for ya since i've made this a few times.

throw a few leaves of fresh basil on there, you can also smash some garlic into the olive oil spread. fresh basil comes alive with the tomatoes and gives an even more refreshing taste!

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know this is old-ish now, a tip for ya since i've made this a few times.

throw a few leaves of fresh basil on there, you can also smash some garlic into the olive oil spread. fresh basil comes alive with the tomatoes and gives an even more refreshing taste!
correct but it's can also be a overkill in flavor. at time the simplest is the best. it's all about the olive oil and the herbs flavor.

it's like with focaccia bread. if you do the basil and garlic it's a run of the mill garlic bread. but now you drizzle extra virgin olive oil with a sprinkle rosemary on the focaccia bread then toast it in the oven.

omfg it brings out a whole different flavor. which i will be making next weekend with some Vodka riggies for a childhood friend of my g/f thats flying in from TX.

on one thing i will be adding slice of prosciutto to this.

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
You like your olive oil like I like my ladies, Extra virgin.

Seriously I'm gunna have to go by one of those grills and make me some stuff.

·
Registered
801 Posts
correct but it's can also be a overkill in flavor. at time the simplest is the best. it's all about the olive oil and the herbs flavor.

it's like with focaccia bread. if you do the basil and garlic it's a run of the mill garlic bread. but now you drizzle extra virgin olive oil with a sprinkle rosemary on the focaccia bread then toast it in the oven.

omfg it brings out a whole different flavor. which i will be making next weekend with some Vodka riggies for a childhood friend of my g/f thats flying in from TX.

on one thing i will be adding slice of prosciutto to this.
actually i completely agree. the beauty of this dish is it can be done to whatever taste you are feeling that day. it's such a yummy and versatile combo

i'm gonna do one tomorrow with some homemade pesto i have left over.

and prosciutto is a great meat. I make a fig wrapped in prosciutto dish around the holidays, the salty sweet mix is great, mixing that with some fresh tomato would compliment excellent as well.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
actually i completely agree. the beauty of this dish is it can be done to whatever taste you are feeling that day. it's such a yummy and versatile combo

i'm gonna do one tomorrow with some homemade pesto i have left over.

and prosciutto is a great meat. I make a fig wrapped in prosciutto dish around the holidays, the salty sweet mix is great, mixing that with some fresh tomato would compliment excellent as well.
Marinated stuff cherry peppers. omfg they're soo good sorry random outburst.

Ingredients
1 lb prosciutto (1 lb sliced is ~37 slices)
1/2 lb provolone cheese (sliced ~ 1/2" thick)
2 lbs cherry peppers (~ 2 pt or 49 peppers)
1/2 gallon white vinegar
1 quart extra virgin olive oil
1 quart canola oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
rosemary
bay leaf
dill weed
basil
chopped garlic
parmesan cheese
Directions
1Wash cherry peppers and place whole, stems intact, in 1 gallon jar.
2Fill jar with white vinegar.
3Let stand at least one week.
4I've let them soak as long as 3 weeks.
5You may need to add more vinegar to keep the jar full as the peppers soak it in.
6The peppers will float, make sure to keep them covered.
7After soaking for at least a week, pour out vinegar and rinse peppers in cool water.
8Remove stems and seeds.
9Expect to lose 3 or 4 peppers during soaking.
10Cut provolone to the appropriate size to fill the peppers.
11(~1/2" cube) Cut the Proscuitto slices in half.
12Wrap the provolone with a 1/2 slice of Proscuitto (or 2 for larger peppers) and stuff into pepper.
13Add some Olive Oil to the jar.
14Add Onion, Rosemary, 2 or 3 Bay Leaves, Dill Weed, Basil and chopped Garlic to oil.
15Place the peppers in the jar and fill the jar with 50% Olive Oil and 50% Canola Oil.
16Top off the jar with a sprikle coating of Parmesan cheese.
17Let soak a minimum of one week.
18I let them soak and store them at room temperature.
19You may want to refrigerate for longer shelf life.
20(I've had shelf life in excess of one month) ENJOY!

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no doubt dave they're freaking good and not even spicy. all the flavors balance each other.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts