Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its my first thread on the forum...need your valuable inputs on this certain problem that I'm facing..ok my cars a honda city 98 (malaysian spec)that ran the D15B7 non vtec...Ive swapped it with a JDM D15Bvtec 2 stage motor that ran in the civic ferio vti.Now to the point...I had this knocking sound from the block that turned out to be a connecting bearing issue coz of oil pump failure at high rpms.So I replaced the bearing and the pump the first time.. abt a thousand kms later I have the same issue and yup bearings scratched again..so I again open it up and replace the bearing with the correct measurements and everything being doubly sure..another 1000 kms odd and BAM! there it is again, however this time...bearing are fine alls well..so I put them back on and each morning on cold start i have the knocking sound but after it heats up the sounds gone. Now I spoke to my lathe guy and he says alls fine it seems the piston sleeves have widened a bit and when the oil circulation is at optimal..then theres no sound..but got that checked and nope thats not the issue its a bearing sound but theres nothing wrong with the bearings or pins or rods or pistons...thats where u guys come in whats do u think makes that sound??need your help guys thanx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well? is anyone out there? who can probably come up with some sorta theory ? or arent there any people who have experienced these things at all?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If it makes the noise cold, but not hot, then most likely it is just piston slap. About the only way to get rid of piston slap is to do a bore/hone to the sleeves and get different pistons and rings.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If it makes the noise cold, but not hot, then most likely it is just piston slap. About the only way to get rid of piston slap is to do a bore/hone to the sleeves and get different pistons and rings.
x2 deffinatly sound like some piston slap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts