Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have not got in touch with my tuner yet so i though i would ask on here...

ISSUE 1:
On the way back from getting my car tuned i noticed that when i let off of the throttel under load the vacume pilsated (See video) Any thoughts?

ISSUE 2:
I run a TurboXS RFL BOV. In the past it has acted normal and blowen off like it should under just about any psi. Now when driving it wants to flutter (kinda sounding like a HKS). The only time it bloes off fully is under greater pressure. Ideas?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
is there any kind of adjustment on the BOV like on the greddy ones? also with your vacuum jumping like that it could be making the BOV open and shut under low boost pressures.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Your gauge could be super sensitive also. There is a "little" fluctuation as the motor works, but that seems excessive.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
does your BOV's top screw off? i had a RFL and a couple times it worked its way loose and i could easily unscrew the tophalf of it. and that would make it not work under low boost but at high boost. it would flutter out the turbo and not the BOV. try tightening it and see if it fixes it. that would also be a VAC leak there too!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke with my tuner today and he said that he could fix the issue with the vac pulsating.

Now on the BOV issue... He was saying that in CO, seeing that we are at a higher elevation for some reason vac is different so i need a lighter spring.

So i took all of the washers out of the BOV to make it as light as it could be. It made it better but it is still doing it. SO....... should i cut the spring down a little at a time until it corrects the issue?

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
I spoke with my tuner today and he said that he could fix the issue with the vac pulsating.

Now on the BOV issue... He was saying that in CO, seeing that we are at a higher elevation for some reason vac is different so i need a lighter spring.

So i took all of the washers out of the BOV to make it as light as it could be. It made it better but it is still doing it. SO....... should i cut the spring down a little at a time until it corrects the issue?
no dont cut the spring. i ran the rfl for a while with no washers in it...and it always worked kinda funny so i went to the hks.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
i agree it should not be the bov. you prolly have a vac leak somewhere.
boost leak test the car and spray soapy water all over the vac lines and see if you find any leaks

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
check the vacumme line to the bov.....i had a similer problem with my blitz, i had the lines tee'd and running a somewhat small vac line.....it would blow off nice and hard above 8psi, under its sounded like an hks.....it was the bov not opening enough and the boost comming back out the turbo....i ran a dedicated bigger vac line to the bov and that 100% fixed the problem

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
you sure its the BOV and not the WG?

Had similar problem on my civic, with fluttering sound, and had to adjust cam timing which pretty much eliminated it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts