Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that has a turbo civic. I know this d-series but he has a gsr. Hopefully someone can help. Before the car pulled nice and it started to boost around 4500. Now, its boosting at around 3000-3500...its tuned on uberdata and its running a t3/t4 60 trim. It doesn't seem to have any leaks. What would it cause to spool earlier? it also doesn't pull hard like before when it used to start spooling at 4500. I can't figue it out, any ideas?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah like I said we did the basics...checked the turbo, little to no shaft play. And the timming is fine. The car is now not hitting full boost (15 pounds)....its spooling at 3000 and only getting up to 12....no vacume leaks. Someone around here said that it might b the boost controller but it was just bought

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Could the wastegate cause a problem like this? Like its creating an awkward boost creep? It could be either a bad solenoid if the B.C. is electronic, or a leak if it's manual.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Someone around here said that it might b the boost controller but it was just bought
Did the problem arise just after installing the boost controller then? Also, does the exhaust still have a catalytic converter?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My friend already got the car boosted when he bought it....It ran fine until the car would boost to 15 and then go back down to 12. The car still spooled normally. I found out that the boost controller was junk so he replaced it. It ran fine ever since. We did all of this a few months ago. About a week ago the car started to really pull...alot better than before. Now the car isnt going to 15 pounds and staying right around 12 and sometimes even 10, but it spools faster? Maybe i'll tell him to try another boost controller. I also re-check the adjustable cam gears and the ignition timming.
I guess this would be a good time to spank up the gsr turbo with my single cam lol

Also, does the exhaust still have a catalytic converter?
Nah, its straight pipe

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
i had a bad boost controller out of the box, sometimes would work some times not, i tossed it for aa hallman and havent had a problem since

1 - 12 of 12 Posts