Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well this first issue... What causes the oil cap to be filled with creamy residue? Ive never noticed that before... When I removed it, IT was loose... Could that be the cause? My first thought was that I drove that car with the loose cap... And it moisture started to build up since its hella cold outside.. Any thoughts?

Lastly what causes the manual transmissiin to make noise wile the clutch is released? Wile on park or when ever I start the engine I can hear a "light grinding" noise coming from the engine, IF i press the clutch the noise goes away and the engine sounds clean, but as soon as I release the clutch the noise comes back.

Ive taken the trans apart to check the imput shaft bearing, and althought its intact and looks good I spin it by hand and it makes noise.. Aswell as one of the differential bearings, nut not as bad.. So which one could be the culprit? My first thought was the throwout bearing....

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Some residues in the oil cap is normal and if the sound goes away with the clutch pushed in it is most likely the throw out bearing.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,662 Posts
cold trans will make noise, once warmed up though, input shaft bearing.

·
Registered
92dx-turbo 92cx-pimp
89 Posts
as jvtec8k said the moisture creamy buildup is normal from vapors getting trapped in condensation. whenever you do the clutch you always want to replace the throwout bearing and the bearing behind the flywheel. ive heard what your talking about before called clutch chatter, if you have a performance clutch like act they usually come with a spacer to eliminate that from happening, they came in new kits and usually preowned clutches people often dont include them in the sale because they either lost it or had no clue what it was and didnt install it themselves. thats just one idea of what it could be. and an often case is the clutch fork pinion ball that levers the fork broke or the spring wasnt installed correctly. just some ideas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts