Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these supposed to come with shims? I've seen a couple other peoples come with theirs but mine just came with the springs. Just wondering. :bigok:

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
I am heading out to the garage right now. I will take a pic for you

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
from isky there are 4 part numbers
the springs
the shims
the retainers
and the kit

i bet you just got the springs.

yeah, i got the springs...i just didnt know if they came with shims or not. :bigok:

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
my bisi springs (which work great, no problems, unlike the iskys) came with retainers, exhaust spring seats, and springs, for $310 i believe

i still got the set, slightly used, if exospeed wants em back. heheh

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
When you ran the ISKY's valve springs. What did you run on the exhaust side for a seat/spacer since you said your springs kit didn't come with them?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
When you ran the ISKY's valve springs. What did you run on the exhaust side for a seat/spacer since you said your springs kit didn't come with them?
the springs are for sale, $75 if you want them

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
now did you buy the valve springs only or the kit?

reason i ask is because we either offer the springs only for $139.00 or the kits for $289. kit comes with shims valve springs only don't.

and as far as i know isky also sells them as only valve springs or the whole kit.

now how long ago did you buy them if you want ill talk to wil about your situation and see if you can return them and pay the deference on the kit. if not buy the shims from isky there 35 bucks i think for the exhaust side.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i need the shims, can you guys get them for me? I tried looking on iskys site, but i cant find them to buy.

I believe the part# is 116-VSL. Let me know soon.

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
and people hate folks like BigTuna and me for old V8 knowledge...........
every one should learn old school BASIC knowledge before they think there experts on why something went bad or was put on right. i use all my old school info and info from building top fuel heads years ago every time i touch any cylinder head or motor! you have to take every thing into play to build a head right push rod length, rocker arm ratio, install height, valve height, spring install height, were exactly the bearing on the rocker rides on the tip of the valve, every thing has to be considered.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts