Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So strange.... the bearing in the tranny has the plastic cage facing upwards (away from the input shaft seal)...
the MFG markings on the bearing (NTN) face upwards

the new NTN i got from Honda has the markings facing the opposite direction of the cage! hmmm

i figure, just put it in the same way it came out (seems like a great idea) but then i find out the tranny is missing a washer above the ISB..

and there are markings on the reverse gear. someone has been in here, and fucked up.

lol

so i dont want to put the bearing in the wrong way. would it even matter?

the Helms doesnt show a good picture. i ASSUME u would want the plastic part of the cage on the bearing facing toward the seal, so as much oil as possible could get to the balls.

:cussing:

edit: sorry for not putting this or my last thread about the ISB in the tranny forum.. gotta slow down and think for a second.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i THINK its missing a washer because the exploded view shows a spring washer, and another washer that goes above it...

mine only had the spring washer..

and to be honest, i dont know what year the tranny is. 89-91....

but ive installed the bearing the same way you pictured above and how inh suggested he did his as well.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
heh, i got a new spring washer/washer from honda, it was cheap.

but still... im curious if i should install it....

hoping transzex will chime in before long, i would like to put it back together now... heh ;)

the exploded view on hondapartsnow doesnt show the washer for an 89. i think it depends on the casing but im not sure. would need to hear from transzex.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
if it didn' have the washer when you tore it apart, it doesn't need one. You can try to add it, but it'll lock up the mainshaft.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts