Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I'm pretty sure i've got that on my tb too...i might be mistaken though...not sure what its for or how i hooked it up now though...i think i ran coolant throught it, but i might be mistaken...

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure i've got that on my tb too...i might be mistaken though...not sure what its for or how i hooked it up now though...i think i ran coolant throught it, but i might be mistaken...
yeah thats what I thought, but I have a 99-00 civic b16 tb on my car right now and it doesnt have that block thing..... reaason why I need another one... is because I am porting it out to 62mm for my build and I dont have my stocker to toss in while it could get ported..... so Ill just need to find another b16 one....

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Looks a lot like the FITV (is that right?) on the bottom of my TB. Coolant goes into it, and as the coolant warms up, it closes off a hole in the TB that give it more air when it's cold. Also the culprit for surging idle in the D16Z6 (92-95). Since it has a black hose attached that looks like a coolant line, that would be my guess.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks a lot like the FITV (is that right?) on the bottom of my TB. Coolant goes into it, and as the coolant warms up, it closes off a hole in the TB that give it more air when it's cold. Also the culprit for surging idle in the D16Z6 (92-95). Since it has a black hose attached that looks like a coolant line, that would be my guess.
ok..... but the ebay auction is wrong then.... its not a 99-00 tb then... they never had that on the bottom of those.... maybe the older ones....

·
Registered
721 Posts
looks like somethin I would shove into my intake...it kinda looks like coolant should run through it, but I dont see where it would flow through...

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
ok..... but the ebay auction is wrong then.... its not a 99-00 tb then... they never had that on the bottom of those.... maybe the older ones....
I have no idea, I just know what is on my engine, the D16Z6. I know that later engines got ride of it in the Ds, but I know absolutely nothing about B-series TBs and what is on them. What I said above was purely a guess based on limited knowledge.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no idea, I just know what is on my engine, the D16Z6. I know that later engines got ride of it in the Ds, but I know absolutely nothing about B-series TBs and what is on them. What I said above was purely a guess based on limited knowledge.
thanks tho...........

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
coolant does go through it. that is what makes your car high idle when it is cold. if you bypass it, you will get the stupid idle surge. also, when the screw inside there gets loose, it will do the sweet idle thing too. i am not sure which cars had it and which didnt. i have had 60mm tb with and without it. if you dont want to use it, just fill it with jb weld and dont hook the coolant to it. lower intake air temps is better anyway.

ryan

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
lower intake air temps is better anyway.
ryan
:roll:

Take a basic auto class before you make ignorant statements like that again.

Cool air flows faster over a warmer surface than a cool one.
If the IAT is too low, the fuel will have a harder time vaporizing and will start condensing, which is bad for performance because you cant burn liquid gasoline.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

If the IAT is too low, the fuel will have a harder time vaporizing and will start condensing, which is bad for performance because you cant burn liquid gasoline.
....... :shocked:

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
that is an obd1 throttle body and yes coolant in and out and that is the FITV..... just so you know..... after 96 it went to iacv no more fitv's

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that is an obd1 throttle body and yes coolant in and out and that is the FITV..... just so you know..... after 96 it went to iacv no more fitv's
thats what I thought.... that ebayer tried to fuck me over... thank God someone else saw this... and I believe the bore on the obd1 is 58mm not 60 like the OBD2's....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
try starting up your car for about 15 seconds; then kill it, wait a while, then try and start it up again.... The plugs get saturated by gas and it will barely run, happened to me last week, true story! lol

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
ls integra=58mm,all b16=60mm,f and h series=60mm,b18c1=60mm,b18c5=62mm.

hey chrisfromda909. what the hell. thanks for being a deusch. i guess it was just too hard to politely correct me. i guess all those people that make cold air intakes, intercoolers, hondata heatshield gaskets, etc. have no clue what they are doing.

if you wanna be like that, go join hondatech.

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
well I have been looking for a 99-00 si B16 tb for a long time now.... and I thought I found one here..http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=270060059094&rd=1,1. But what the hell is that block looking like thing on the bottom of it? I have never seen that on a b16 tb before.....
You have a iacv on the back of your mani the one you want looks identicle to the y8 manual tb just a little bigger. I hate people on ebay that try to sell you the wrong shit for there gain fucken dicks.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts

holy shit man.......settle down.

when he said cool intake temps are better.....hes right!!!!

cooler air is more dense. it sounds like to me you are talking about when the engine is at idle...........

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
my prelude had a skunk2 im and 68mm tb. it did not have the iacv. it did idle really rough when it was started on a cold morning. mainly because it idled so low. once it warmed up it was fine. price you pay for performance, as little a gain it may be, it all adds up in the end.

ryan

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my prelude had a skunk2 im and 68mm tb. it did not have the iacv. it did idle really rough when it was started on a cold morning. mainly because it idled so low. once it warmed up it was fine. price you pay for performance, as little a gain it may be, it all adds up in the end.

ryan
68mm?? fuck dude.... way to big.... unless your pushing insane amounts of power

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
h22a1. it liked it. i know it is too big for the d16. i bought the d16 that was built in hondatuning a few months back. it was built to see what it would take to hang with the b-series. dru used a 68mm on it. i thought it was way too big too, but it made good power.

ryan

1 - 20 of 28 Posts