Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed my coolant resovior was like near empty. Im having IACV Issues right now, could that be the cause? I added some coolant to the max line on it. I hope I haven't been running my motor low.:3dtard: I had a crack on the hose that leads to the overflow tank. I put JB weld to fix it, It seems patched perfect tho. Never find any leaks.

edit: I didnt see the other thread also entitled is this normal. Someone change my title lol

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
Are you sure that hose you fixed with the JB weld is not leaking? Any type of corrosion-like build up running down that hose? Put your finger on it after running around and see if its wet. Lets eliminate that from the poss. issues first.

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
Yeah, that would be an easy fix too. When you open your hood after driving, do you smell antifreeze? I had a loaner awhile back and it was leaking some and I open the hood, got a wiff of this, and started looking and feeling around, and sure enough, there was a hose leaking at a connection. All this needed to be fixed was a tightening of the hose clamp.

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems like my cap isnt turned all the way, but it seals fine. It used to turn all the way before i fixed it, so should i scrape some jb off?

·
Registered
civic
2,211 Posts
hey dude also check the hoses going into the head, sometimes when the clamps go bad they tend to pinch a needle size hole in them. the horse shoe coolant hose is the most known for it. also check the heater hoses. my 2 c

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope no leaking hg. nor are the hoses bad.

the only problem was my cap wasnt turned all the way shut, and now for some strange reason it shuts perfect. the over flow tank is workin perfect. im just guessing i didnt put coolant in the overflow after i drained all the coolant out when i was doing the iacv swap.

everythings all good now, my car warms up faster and i love it!

fuck the midwest sonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts