Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
see that whole at the top inside the TB.
put your finger over that while its idling.
The car should shut off. If the idle just drops but not shut off. Then you have a vac leak.

If your iacv was really dirty it can over work to idle normal and once you clean it it has to relearn how to idle correctly.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
When I do a through throttlebody cleaning I adjust my stop screw and TPS at the same time.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
if the IACV is unplugged and the idle set screw is bottomed out, you should have a car that doesnt idle at all.

possible you damaged the throttlebody gasket somehow.

Was it ONLY brake cleaner you used? If so, I dont think it would hurt anything, as long as it did not get sprayed at all. The brake cleaner can sometimes destroy the TPS gasket and allow a leak

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
see that whole at the top inside the TB.
put your finger over that while its idling.
The car should shut off. If the idle just drops but not shut off. Then you have a vac leak.

If your iacv was really dirty it can over work to idle normal and once you clean it it has to relearn how to idle correctly.
That did it! The car did not shutoff when the hole was plugged. Whom ever adjusted the JG TB from factory(16 years ago) had the BF screw slight too far in. The BF was OPEN just enough to not seal properly. The build up gunk was the seal.....

thanks for all the help guys.....

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
So as I said you probably need to adjust your stop screw and tps if your throttle plate isnt closing far enough.

That is assuming your throttle cable isnt holding it open.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts