Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D16 Supercharger | eBay

What do you guys think? I have been toying with the idea of trying one of these for a while for an Autocross setup. This one appears to be pretty well priced for what is included. Wanted to get some opinions on the forum if these superchargers are worth the time and money for those who have ran them (or heard enough one way or the other to provide insight).

:TU:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,451 Posts
This message is hidden because 97AutoXVette is on your ignore list.
Since I can't see your message since you are on my iggy list I'll take a stab based on the thread title.

JRSC was ok until cheap (HMT) turbo kits came around. I abandoned the AKSC kit because a simple/small turbo kit was easier, cheaper, better MPG, aka clicked off all the boxes.

HF manifold, small turbo....only thing you'll be missing is the scream of the Eaton supercharger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
900 is a pretty good price for a JRSC. I usually see them go from 1000-1400 depending on components and conditions. They are going to add about 30-40hp with a tune on a stock motor so don't expect to much out of them.

I've compiled install instructions and a parts list here if you ever end up getting one: (cant post links yet, PM me and I'll get you the link)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I paid about 900 for my JRSC. It's sitting on an A6. For what I'm using it for, I'm really enjoying it. The biggest thing I can say is replacement parts are expensive and hard to find. I've had mine for a few months and I still can't find the 8 psi pulley for it anywhere

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
I paid about 900 for my JRSC. It's sitting on an A6. For what I'm using it for, I'm really enjoying it. The biggest thing I can say is replacement parts are expensive and hard to find. I've had mine for a few months and I still can't find the 8 psi pulley for it anywhere
No point in upping the SC boost until you have a solid way of reducing air intake temps.

you can crank out another 3-5 psi and be only getting an extra 10hp, because the SC for our D series are already nearly maxxed out for boost versus temps.

Besides, if you can drop intake temps 40-70 degrees, you will see a similar power boost. And that also makes it slightly easier to tune.

·
Registered
33 Posts
True. I've been in contact with the company the does the water cooled modification (I forget the name). For the time being, the car is my daily driver. Right before I ship off on my next deployment I'll probably send it off and have it modified while I'm gone.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That one in my original link sold already unfortunately. I will be on the lookout to pick one up though the next time I find a clean one. I may be tuning the car on E85 so intake temps would be a bit less of a concern. However, I have also seen the modified JRSC's with the integrated air-to-water intercoolers and they look mighty sweet! That'd probably be a bit more of an extensive project than I wouldn't like to embark on to start though.

Another question... Do you have to run a different crank pulley (JRSC specific) when running these superchargers? If so, what is different about them vs. a stock crank pulley?

·
Registered
91 CRX DX
226 Posts
No, you can run your stock crank pulley, the Jackson Racing crank pulleys you see are bigger and allow you to run more boost, which isn't needed as you'll just be blowing hot air after 8psi with the JRSC, if you really want to lower intake charge temps, look into water/meth injection or LHT intercooler

1 - 8 of 8 Posts