Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title states, I would like to know if this jrsc kit is complete. It's originally for a y8, but the previous owners cut off a mounting tab/bracket so they can put it on a y7. Now my motor is a y7 as well. I will possibly be trading my rotas for this kit, so I would like to know if it's complete and if not, what is it missing? Also, is there anything I should look for or check out before trading? Thanks in advance.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,919 Posts
I don't see the shitty FMU which is probably a good thing. Other than that, all the necessary stuff is there.

It has a manifold mounted IAT which makes me believe it was used on a A6/Z6 engine. But given that it has the JRSC Crank pulley and what appears to be a Y series blower pulley, I would say that it was originally a Y kit.

Not sure what was cut off but nothing should have been cut to make it fit...

·
Meat Popsicle
2,919 Posts
Shouldn't be a big deal as long as the bolt hole is still in tact. I dont understand why it was chopped though as i have a kit that was previously used on a y7 an it wasn't modified like that.

You'll need a block off plate for the IAT sensor hole since the y7 doesn't use that style sensor. Looks like there are possibly two JR crank pulleys in the pic. If you get both, I'll buy the other one from you if you're willing to sell it.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,919 Posts
As far as I know the bar is not a part of the kit...

Where did you get the illustration from?

I've seen that bar before on an endyn built motor could never find a part # in the Jackson Racing parts list for that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts