·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what im thinking I was going to use the head off of the Y8 motor i got but the motor i just baught needs to be converted so i need another head

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i was told it was a VTEC head. I looked at a pic of my Y8 head and this one and there are parts not installed on this one, so that its why it looks like an 8 valve

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's not a y8 head. Mine says v-tec on it. Although mine is the NZ variation, so it's actually a y6 according to the coding. Still a y8 though.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im assuming you mean the valve cover that says VTEC? some do and some dont here

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
5,467 Posts
You can't tell without seeing the stamp on it or the back of the head. Y7 and Y8 heads are basically the same casting. Its probably a Y7
if you enlarge the pic you can make out the 3rd lobe on the cam, if i am not mistaken

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
yeah some VCs dont always say VTEC on them. i definitely looks like a y series head cant tell if its a 7 or 8

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
ask them to take a picture of the stamp. just tell them your weary of buying a non vtec head, and yes they say it is. but some people dont know what they actually have

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well its Skunk2 selling the head, thats why i assumed that they know what they are talking about

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the cam tower and rear rockers arent on the head, thats why it looks like it does. im pretty sure it is a Y8

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Cam towers and rockers are all there. Looks like it has a center lobe, probebly a y8.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
no LMA's (lost motion assembly) so I'll bet it is a Y7 head.

The holder is there, but is empty.

Doubt like this is enough reason to pass, no matter the price!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
yeah ask for another picture. see if there's a port on the back for VTACK solenoid :p

-Luke

·
Registered
624 Posts
definitly a y8 head no doubt but yeah lma seems to be missing... ask if they come with the head cause they worth 33$ each

·
bwah ha ha ha ha
1,475 Posts
yeah ask for another picture. see if there's a port on the back for VTACK solenoid :p

-Luke
yeah, I was thinking the same thing, or see if it's there, if I was buying a vtec head it better have the solenoid with it, or you would have to buy one of those also...

·
Registered
90 Posts
"definitly a y8 head no doubt but yeah lma seems to be missing... ask if they come with the head cause they worth 33$ each"

i agree. it looks to be a y8 head(i'm 98% sure). just missing the lma's and the vtec solenoid. i believe if it were there you would just be able to see the top of it from that angle. bid quick though...or it won't be worth it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts