Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.boost-controller.com/

the voodoo manual boost controller.. seems like it would be a decent mbc. :? i wanted to know what you guys thought before i bought one.. very affordable for someone on a tight budget, like me...

O

·
0 Posts
you get what you pay for...
They are no where near the quality of lets say a turbosmart.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
i was looking at the same ones yeasterday. i need to hear from someone that has actually tried it...

my hmt one is a pos, crank it to 10psi, hits it when i normally hit full boost, but then it falls back to stock WG setting. i need more boost damnit!!

·
I
3,984 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
I HAVE played with one. They sent me a free one to test with when they were first starting out. I got a lto of boost spikes and it didn;t seem to hold quite as good as a higher end named brand controller.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
oscarmayer said:
I HAVE played with one. They sent me a free one to test with when they were first starting out. I got a lto of boost spikes and it didn;t seem to hold quite as good as a higher end named brand controller.
the siet says it doesnt spike...could they be lying?

·
I
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ryan89crx said:
the siet says it doesnt spike...could they be lying?
thats what i was thinkin! i dont remember seeing any gurantees though.. :?

companies lying about products = :shoot:

·
I
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just read it, it says...

The Voodoo Advantage!!!

Faster Spool-up!
Less Turbo Lag!
Reduced Turbo Spike!
Smooth Turbo Boost Delivery!
Will not Rust, Oxidize or Corrode!
Looks great in your engine bay!

**AND IT SAYS**
I personally use the Voodoo II on my boosted RSX and AutoX Integra.
The Voodoo II MBC delivers the same performance as the $120 Hallman I used to have on my Integra.

BUT WHERE ON THE PAGE DO YOU SEE VOODOO II??

O

·
0 Posts
it says "reduced" turbo spikes, but personally I've had several when I tested it liek 4-6 psi spikes. that's way too big a spike on a stock urbo motor running 10psi already.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
oscarmayer said:
it says "reduced" turbo spikes, but personally I've had several when I tested it liek 4-6 psi spikes. that's way too big a spike on a stock urbo motor running 10psi already.
was it the original, or this one? im tempted to try it, only because its like $13...

my current mbc spikes from my current setting of 9 up to 12 sometimes, plus it doesnt hold for a shit, so i think no matter what, this would be an upgrade

O

·
0 Posts
you can try it if ya want. I went with a turbosmart. NO spiking and mine is a dual stange do low and high boost at the flick of a swtich, or rpm/boost pressure sensor is nice ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts