Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE:Yes, these are. They will require modification to the manifold or the spray end of the injector to fit. I will do a how-to on this modification.

PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
well heres wut my precision 780's look like, i would think they would look similar...

when you say the injector wont fit, it wont fit in the manifold at all or it wont fit in the rubber grommet in the injector hole on the mani. For some aftermarket injectors you have to grind down the grommet as they are a little larger in diameter

·
Registered
216 Posts
wow. when i got my car they told me the injectors were precisions. they look like just like yours. no markings or anything. WTH!!!!!

someone figure this out

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
The metal tip physically is too big. I could take the rubber grommet off and it wouldn't fit.
Then somethings not right. Was it a legit site supporter? No precisions require grinding of the actual mani...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then somethings not right. Was it a legit site supporter? No precisions require grinding of the actual mani...
Yes, it was. I will give them opportunity to get it right before I say who it was. I could care less about the injectors being name brand, but I was a little annoyed when they showed up wrapped in bubble wrap in a ziplock back, no caps or anything. However, the fact that they don't come close to fitting the manifold really gets me going. :rant:

Here I am trying to get boosted and something I bought 4 months ago and marked off my list is now back at the top. :board-trip:

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
i could get you dsm blue top 450s or 770s or 880s. as for those being Precision... dunno, I think RCs even look like the picture Max provided. I have no idea what injectors those are. But if they don't fit... send um packin.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Yes, it was. I will give them opportunity to get it right before I say who it was. I could care less about the injectors being name brand, but I was a little annoyed when they showed up wrapped in bubble wrap in a ziplock back, no caps or anything. However, the fact that they don't come close to fitting the manifold really gets me going. :rant:

Here I am trying to get boosted and something I bought 4 months ago and marked off my list is now back at the top. :board-trip:
oh and if you need another set asap, ive got a set of 450cc dsm in great shape id give to you for $80 shipped and paypaled.
Also got a resistor for them if you need it.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
well i should get some Precision 440 for a local customer soon so i will be able to tell if they are or not...

BTW: It wasnt me :angel:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
that is more a generic picture and not necessary the specific item.. I had a set of 1000cc precision and they had a label with precision stamped...

·
Registered
554 Posts
well from all the picture i have seen they all look pretty much the same but some have blue tops and some have black tops
OP:do you have a picture of the other side?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
precision used to come in a ziplock bag the last few years at least, but now they come in a lil plastic box.. i remember my tuner saying customers were bitching about the weed baggie injectors lol

they might be old precisions that were bought in bulk a while back.. i dont know about the not fitting part..

whats too big on the metal is it too long too wide and it wont fit into the mani not the fuel rail right?

maybe hold them up and take a pic of the diameter next to stock ones

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I think the fact that they don't fit is a little bigger issue than whether or not they are actual precision.

Hopefully whoever sold you this will do whats right and exchange them or refund your money.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
to op any markings at all on them? they should have an engraving at min....i know i just worked on a kids car with precisions 440's and they just looked like some dsms ..... but did have the engraving on them saying "precision 440" no prob fitting in the mani either............id send them biatches back for refund/correct product plus discount for troubles idk?

oh and they looked more like the pic max posted mad fat in the middle like that.....that style you have looks like my rc 440's w/o the label

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.