Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know im doing a motor rebuild.... this spring and after its build im going to wear in the motor properly now after the break-in its going to be tuned again with more boost than before.... now do you guys think I should pick up a AEM cam gear or is it not really needed??

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
yes for fine tuning........ try to go with rage they seem to be the better on the market no complaints on here, and he is a sponsor

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes for fine tuning........ try to go with rage they seem to be the better on the market no complaints on here, and he is a sponsor
ok cool, can u adjust them while the head it still on?? (prolly a dumb question) lol

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Yep it wont hurt plus you can adjust the intake/exhaust to get boost to build at lower rpms.
Are you gonna change turbos after you break the motor in, that way you dont lead to turbo bearing fail due to the oil having crap fom the breakin.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep it wont hurt plus you can adjust the intake/exhaust to get boost to build at lower rpms.
Are you gonna change turbos after you break the motor in, that way you dont lead to turbo bearing fail due to the oil having crap fom the breakin.
never thought of that...... I didnt plan on it man.... I am gonna be changing the oil a lot, so im not gonna be worried.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts