Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the wrong section but someone has a d16z6 motor and trans out of a 93 del sol says thats the same as the si motors and trans its got pretty high km on it though 270000km wondering if it would be a good motor to have as a spare for turbo and or to build or is that too high of miles ? Compression is 180 170 180 180 . And the persons asking 200 canadian ? Figure even if i just use the trans as mine right now is long geared..

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'd say yes if the crank is mint z6.

and has not been over bored..

or decked to the max...

I bet the tranny grinds....

·
Registered
977 Posts
167770 Miles is nothing these motors can go well into 300k miles range before needing much of anything so probably at roughly half its life expectancy at this point.

$148.23 US is not bad at all if you have the cash I would grab it if nothing else for something to run while you rebuild what you have or rebuild this one either way if I was in need and it all looked good I would do it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hv a d15b vtec with a y7 trans from the stock motor... around here 200 for an si trans is pretty much the going rate or even on the cheaper side... might just buy it and hopefully sell the z6

1 - 5 of 5 Posts