Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I don't buy his story that the block was bought brand new from honda either.Why would you paint a brand new block? Yea my block is painted but it's got a bunch of miles on it and oxidation after it was cleaned.Who calls a block gaurd a block girdle?

·
Registered
2000 honda civicex
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol true i just saw it on ebay im at work and the more i read it im like it is a joke .... and like you said who buys a block straight from honda and paints it

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would ask for many more pictures. Close ups of all the pistons and rods and every thing else If the pistons are in good shape those are worth alot of the $450 by themselves

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
spoon sports :hammer:
And then they go and sell it on ebay for 300 dollars right?:bull:

Especially when it list for 1,461.65 from a dealership (hondapartsdeals.com).

·
Registered
'95 DX Coupe (Red)
457 Posts
if you look at the ID plate you can see the oxidation where the paint chipped... this block is brand new, and i am a virgin (my 4 kids were divine birth... yeah riiight...) and the bottom of the block, whats that grime on the lower right? and why no pics of it 'built'?

my opinion?
run like the wind bullseye! (in the other direction...)

sloopy.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
scazzzam buy at own risk!!

imo thats a block gaurd not sleeves

sleeves = paperwork!
good maching = paperwork

my guess he built the motor,f'd somehting up spun bearing ect and now want to sell and try to make his money back!

just build your own, find ya a good machine shop and start working out what you want and go from there.

but if he show PROOF of said sleeves id then go for it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts