Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found this manifold on ebay... well it s package deal with a turbo and wastegate but im just interested in the manifold. It seems to be the only decent priced one that works with A/C...

anyone else know what other manifolds support a/c?

YES i do need A/C...it gets mad hot and humid and i dont like peeling my back off the seat...

·
Registered
25 Posts
the problem with that manifold is that the wastegate is set on only ONE cylinder instead mounting the wastegate where all 4 runners combine,

·
Registered
92 Posts
hmm..looks like an ebay pic so no...rofl..i'm guessing that u gave us just a pick so that people won't be biased towards it because its from ebay...but to tell u the truth, things like this get away on ebay becdause its very hard to tell the quality of certain items through pics alone.

·
Registered
822 Posts
noyz said:
hmm..looks like an ebay pic so no...rofl..i'm guessing that u gave us just a pick so that people won't be biased towards it because its from ebay...but to tell u the truth, things like this get away on ebay becdause its very hard to tell the quality of certain items through pics alone.
He said in the first line of his opening statement that it IS from eBay. If you do a search, some people have made eBay items work for them. Some take a little modification and others you just have to handle a certain way.

Personally, I'd rather go with quality.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i would run that on an internal gated turbo and just block off the external port.. i dont trust the wastegate placement enough to run an external on that mani..

·
D-series Champ
1,338 Posts
we have a guy on this site that makes really nice ones check the affiliates forum for ccfab

i wouldn't use that ebay mani i heard they are junk

·
Banned
424 Posts
4drturboD said:
we have a guy on this site that makes really nice ones check the affiliates forum for ccfab

yeah try ccfab......have you got plans for your retirement?no?good that's when your manifold will arrive...

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
that looks like a drag manifold to me.

·
Registered
279 Posts
that manifold wouldnt be bad if you were going to run an internally gated turbo and use a block off plate on the wastegate hole, the only thing you would need to worry about is the quality of the manifold itself, it doesnt look too bad and you can find it by itself without the turbo and gated (i would trust those the least of all 3 parts listed) and maybe do a volvo turbo with an internal gate. it looks like a revhard copy so its worth a try i suppose

·
Registered
461 Posts
Figured it was something like that, the caps i've gotten from new turbos are just red squares, they didn't look like the flange. Unless they figured out how to make them self contained in their ghettoness.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yep its a revhard "copy", it might be good if your only planin to run like 3 months or so with your turbo setup, but if its for a long time u want to keep your turbo than dont go cast iron they are prone to crack. take dsm manifolds for example.

·
Registered
57 Posts
overdrivn said:
yep its a revhard "copy", it might be good if your only planin to run like 3 months or so with your turbo setup, but if its for a long time u want to keep your turbo than dont go cast iron they are prone to crack. take dsm manifolds for example.
Dsm Manifold Some times Crack becuase they have been Under the Abuse of the owner for the past Decade or So. Cast iron manifold are less Prone to crack then tubular. Also this looks Good cuz this is the only manifold form ebay that comes with 1 year warranty Written in the description.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
FMYStreetRacer said:
that looks like a drag manifold to me.
the drag manifold, although similar does not share the same runner route exactly.
here is the knock-off kit(unknown maybe HKS) on hcivicbrat's 99 Civic

·
Registered
406 Posts
4drturboD said:

your title sums up my answer to that, lol.

anyway, i would not buy that, the manifold is ok but you will have problems with boost creep/spike. ebay stuff is not all bad, half the stuff i have on my car is from there, you just have to know what to look for. that turbo looks like the xs knockoff, i read something a while ago that showed how to tell a fake, like they have a black tag that says turbocharger on it. that one does not have a black tag but it still says turbocharger on it, mine just says garret.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts