Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
due to insane laws in my area ( and that ultra desirable sleeper effect ) . im looking for a total silent BOV , does that kind of thing exist ?? or whats the quietest ? Thanks In Advance

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
no it doesnt exist, but the sound u hear is the pressure being released into the atmosphere... so if u mount the bov somewhere and have a tube run from the BOV outlet to the INTAKE pipe, in essence, u have a silentER bov.... like when u get closer u will hear it (hood open and hanging ur head over the engine bay)

like the one below, shown is the outlet, route a tube from this to the intake pipe

EDIT: a 1g dsm bov would work too

O

·
0 Posts
plumb it back into your intake pipe(before the turbo) it will make it almost silent.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
BlackMoon said:
is that safe ?
its the way factory cars do it. we had a gsx in our shop with the greddy type s using stock hoses. routed back into the intake. it was quieter...but since the bov is so loud in the first place, you could still hear it from a block and a half away

use a 1g DSM, and route that back into the intake. its one of the quietest ive ever heard.

·
Hondaphile
1,113 Posts
its the blow off valve from a 1st generation mitsubishi eclipse. I've also heard that when the 1g is routed back into the intake path before the turbo, with an open element filter has the tendency to sound a bit like a fart...lol. But I've never actually heard it

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
i tried to doing that with my set up by placing the BOV next to my intake filter for my turbo see jus check my avi. but i dunno if it really makes thing quieter
<----------
but thers better setups in that fanshion layin' around this site (looking in the "turbo d's post em up" forum is a good place to start)... or you can alway go to a bigger turbo and shift low too,

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
ottomaticjack said:
I've also heard that when the 1g is routed back into the intake path before the turbo, with an open element filter has the tendency to sound a bit like a fart...lol. But I've never actually heard it
with mine open at full boost it sounds like a whip cracking when i shift. actually quite sick. im debating on routing it back into the charge pipes with the new setup

·
Registered
946 Posts
you could hook a muffler/silencer of some sort up to it.

Just work it as if it were exhaust..
of course finding a product like a tiny resonator/muffler that you can hook onto an intake pipe might be difficult...

(oh AND plumb it back into the intake as well)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well if your IATs are 100* and the air your turbo is sucking in is 70*, there is some concern. But really, its not enough to think about. You guys could shove this down your exhaust aswell. The only reason they recirculate is because the MAF sensor. If you shit out some air via a BOV to the atmosphere it cant calculate the exact mass flow and it throws some stuff off. I know this thread is ancient, but really a BOV only opens when you are close to atmospheric pressure so if you are in a situation where you dont want someone to hear your BOV, then apply your throttle accordingly.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts