Honda D Series Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt put in "for sale" as I dont have pictures,the car isnt cleaned out, and I simply want to test waters.

Getting rid of the 2001. Its complete, it runs awesome, has a nice stereo setup with its Sony deck, Skar Audio speakers, and Eclipse 4channel amplifier, TBD if that amp stays (i have a Powerbass to swap if I decide)

Coilovers, winter wheels, summer wheels or a second set of winters, fresh brakes all around, every single brake line is new copper, new brake hoses all 4 corners, clean tan interior, okay white body paint, some rust here and there.

Car drives straight with a recent alignment

Rearmost muffler was knocked off at the flange from a winter tap that took a chunk of the rear bumper off. Frame was touched, but nothing major. trunk floor where the spare tire sits is gone. The impact broke the paint, and rust took over.

stock exhaust from cat converter manifold back to the secondary muffler just in front of rear wheel, the car is QUIET cruising town, but gets noisy above say, 50mph.

Newer battery, wiring is great, car starts and drives perfectly fine.

Doesnt use power steering fluid, the steering feels great with new control arms and the rubber big bush replaced with a BLOX spherical set. Small front bush is still rubber.

Again, testing waters. The car is an ongoing project of daily driving reliability.

Drive nice, get 40mpg. Drive like you dont give a shit, gets 32mpg while trying to rip the tires loose every stop light.

EX gearing makes it a nice city driver. Like the EX civics, it does get noisy on the highway, especially the interstate. Hence the ncie stereo.

2001 white 2dr coupe with honda OEM spoiler, tan and black interior. This was a loaded LX model that now has an EX drivetrain with locked vtec. Basically a very mild camshaft and extra compression over the DX/LX engines.

Very snappy with the lightweight flywheel, and awesome clamping with the Exedy Pro clutch and pressure plate. Crispy throttle response with a BLOX velocity stack kit 6" to 2.5"

Bright white LED headlights that dont have enough glare to piss other drivers off.

For a fellow Honda person, this car is yours for $1000 to $1500, depending on all that you want with it. $1000 is only one set of wheels, and you will need to find your owm 4channel amp. This means I will go behind the head unit and reconnect the speaker wires to run them off the 45watt rms per channel of the highpower Sony deck.

CAR NEEDS TO BE GONE.

Show me some interest, I will show you some pictures and maybe a video of it running.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This will also come with a Revo9 short shifter and parts to convert the car over to a d16y8 itnake setup in a box. extra hoses, clamps, brackets, any spare d17 parts, all sorts. I even have a spare d16 header to use if you cut and reweld the flange with a d17 flange, or make a simple T bracket to hold the top bolts tight

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup.

Panther chassis. Getting an awesome deal, but I need to have room first.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First line of my post.

Im not going to bother with pictures unless there is someone actually in the market for a cheap daily driver that can be modded to suite their needs/taste

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, this can be closed/deleted.

Im giving the car away to a buddy. His girlfriend liked the car quite a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.