Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thing is i want too start my motor out with a very small amount of psi, would one of those turn knob style boost controllers work, or do i really not have an option, thnx

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
yeah, internal wgs suck if you can't handle the stock setting. i found this out the hard way with my dsm 14b. i let off at 10psi, i'm sure it would pull more. i'd rather have an external with a lower spring and a boost controller...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
EJ1All-Star said:
how bout u kiss my ass:haha: , but thnks for the help from others

there's no reason for that..

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you at least levi understands, i'm a total newb and just trying to get my ?'s answered one at a time, i don't need some 16 year olds opinion with him saying just stay out of boost.

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
some people say you can bend the arm or cut it and thread the ends with an adjustable coupler in the middle, but honestly, i've never seen someone do it. i think www.gnttype.org or .com has some info on that mod...

·
Registered
441 Posts
how much boost is the tiny little thing set at stock, 7psi? you should be able to run that even with a VAFC or FMU

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yah i know 7 psi isn't much, i just want to break my car is safely as possible. i'm tuning in nep-tune, 370 cc injectors and a walbro fuel pump and ur other basic neccesites. thanks for all the help guys. keep it coming if u can think of anything else.

E

·
0 Posts
t25's are a lot of fun on the street. even at 7-8psi. you'll have full spool at arround 2500rpm :) as for upping the boost i'd go with what SOHC Rules said...

·
Registered
258 Posts
EJ1All-Star said:
The thing is i want too start my motor out with a very small amount of psi, would one of those turn knob style boost controllers work, or do i really not have an option, thnx
It takes a bit of work, but you can make the pre-set internal wastegates aadjustable. You need to cut a short section out of the straight section of the actuator arm. Then thread the ends, one left-handed, one right-handed. Join the two back together with a closed turnbuckle body.

Here is a pic of one from McMaster. You'll discard the hook and loop, and just use the body.

It takes a little planning to cut the right amount. When completed, you'll have a "somewhat" adjustable wastegate actuator.

Craig

D

·
0 Posts
I had heard about this mod and was having a difficult time finding straight forward answers. Leave it to D-series.org to come through.

·
Registered
284 Posts
...i was serious when i said stay out of boost. Your intial question had to do with breaking in the engine, and do you know what breaking in an engine has to do with? I've built 2 engines for boost and have had no problems with break in. I'm not 16 years old, i'm 19 years old, and i'm sure i've "wrenched" on many more engines than you so I'd appreciate some respect.

btw post count means nothing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts