Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need a motor to run my car asap. I bought a used engine from this guy who seems like a cool guy from my friend. he told me the engine doesn't overheat, and it is good when it is running. I bought the motor engine swap complete say it is a ready to run motor harness ecu etc complete transmission clutches etc. its hard to look for these motors and he said it will just drop in and it will run ok without problem.

however the motor has excessive engine oil leakage from the oil pan and valve cover etc all over the motor. i cleaned the motor real good. drained the oil and etc. the engine looks very stock as is with look like oem nothing has been done to it stock manifold everything. stock exhaust manifold etc. seems not been modified compared to some motors i picked up before.
checked it had oil inside and no chunks or pieces of bearing material etc. engine also spins freely easily with the ratchet. motor looks visually oily and just lots of oil slight rust but oily.

i bought a new timing belt, gasket waterpump, valve cover seals, gaskets, sparkplugs, cam seals, oil pump seals, rear main seals, etc. i already need to just reclean and ut these thing on. i need a motor for my other car asap because i don't have one daily driver for work.

i don't have time to do the whole build right now and money already. i will just hope this motor is not blown the motor was just very oily outside from the leakage it has. i have a new intake manifold etc from the other motor.

is there a way to tell if this motor worth just dropping in and using it to run?
ive had Honda motors in the past and just stock motor itself ccan be very strong i had a 200k d15 that was beat on and no overheating problems. just slight blow by but not blown gasket that.

i need a motor asap. is it possible to check if the motor not overheated or blown??? i don't have time for a full full rebuild just need a drop in motor that can run without overheating>>>/?????

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
leaky gaskets are a separate issue from a blow headgasket. now if those rubber gaskets had melted...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would replace all the seals drop it in and see if overheats or fills up the overflow. Other than that I am not sure how to tell if a headgasket is blown.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,030 Posts
peace of mind, replace it and the water pump, timing belt, and tensioner.

·
Registered
Integra DB9, Accord Type R
432 Posts
peace of mind, replace it and the water pump, timing belt, and tensioner.
Agreed.

You're already doing some work while everything is accessible. Imagine how you'll feel if you hadn't spent just an extra couple of hours and ... well, you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts