Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, is there a D-series meet? Even a regional sort of thing. I don't mean a stance boy sort of Honda meet (my apologies if that stereotype offends somebody. Wheel, tire. and suspension aesthetics just aren't within my taste.) but rather a performance enthusiast based meet. Maybe an annual thing within the country (USA) sort of thing.

Does this exist?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
once upon a time, and every now and then. it all depends on where you live and who is local and willing to meet

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the kind of meet your talking about have been renamed to include terms like scca, nasa, hpde etc. It's unfortunate what's happened to the scene, I call it an epidemic and I'm pretty sure the cdc needs to step in.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
I think the kind of meet your talking about have been renamed to include terms like scca, nasa, hpde etc. It's unfortunate what's happened to the scene, I call it an epidemic and I'm pretty sure the cdc needs to step in.
Something like Gridlife? :ph34r:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Gridlife shoot bone I wasn't trying to be specific, there might be an invasion.
Brad or Kyle? :ph34r:

While I'm no BrianG the OG, whom I've yet to meet, seems others think of me as some "Internet Superstar"........

I'm just a grunt in the garages trying to get the sandbox racers back out on track.

Just another humble grunt :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nope I'm just a no namer. you're an internet superstar?! Can you autograph my transmission case when you come through and endow me with that knowledge of yours?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe I missed it, but where are you located? We usually have a d series bbq for cali members.
Cali? Shucks, I'm in Florida. Kiiiiind of on the other side of the country.

I use to own a Volkswagen R32. R32 owners would have an annual gathering called Wookies in the Woods at Tail of the Dragon in North Carolina. It's basically a weekend hangout of driving, grilling, and chilling with other R32 owners. Tail of the Dragon is, in my opinion, one of the best driver's roads on the east coast. I bring up the idea of a D series meet because during my build I've met quite a few local D series and Honda enthusiasts, but these guys are very low key and keep to them selves. I suppose there could even be regional D series meets so as to not exclude people from gathering due to long distance traveling.

When I say "D series meet" maybe I should say "DSO meet" in order to include a broader range of Honda owners if pulling together a D series only meet would be difficult. I think the "DSO" in the name might imply that it's more of a Honda enthusiast meet rather than something like the infamous H2Oi meet.

I realize I'm brainstorming an idea that probably won't come to fruition.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
I'm in the backwoods with no other members (asides from friends who've joined) within hours and huors of driving. But if something was centrally done I may make it next year...I don't have anything right now I'd trust to drive that far short of taking my wife's car ha!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
Nope I'm just a no namer. you're an internet superstar?! Can you autograph my transmission case when you come through and endow me with that knowledge of yours?
I have a trans built by him, he wont sign it lol.

keel what part of florida? there is a few of us in the tampa bay area, a few in the Jacksonville area, and in the panhandle

·
Registered
98 Civic HX D16Y5
167 Posts
Cali? Shucks, I'm in Florida. Kiiiiind of on the other side of the country.

I use to own a Volkswagen R32. R32 owners would have an annual gathering called Wookies in the Woods at Tail of the Dragon in North Carolina. It's basically a weekend hangout of driving, grilling, and chilling with other R32 owners. Tail of the Dragon is, in my opinion, one of the best driver's roads on the east coast. I bring up the idea of a D series meet because during my build I've met quite a few local D series and Honda enthusiasts, but these guys are very low key and keep to them selves. I suppose there could even be regional D series meets so as to not exclude people from gathering due to long distance traveling.

I realize I'm brainstorming an idea that probably won't come to fruition.

Cali is where it's at!

But I like that R32 meet vibe, that's what we need! Like in Denver or somewhere central to everyone.

I'm down maybe haha my civic is in need of cosmetic help... Oh well I'd go anyway front bumper or not...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a trans built by him, he wont sign it lol.

keel what part of florida? there is a few of us in the tampa bay area, a few in the Jacksonville area, and in the panhandle
I'm in the Panhandle area. Shoot, we should just setup a D-series Tail of the Dragon cruise. :p

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Yes there is it around July IIRC. Usually Spooned sets it up.

Biggie, Slo and I have been saying year by year we'd be ready lmao. Then Biggie's car goes up on all 4 jack stands. I break something/mod something and Slo keeps changing his mind on build direction haha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts