Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know if there is anyway i can swap a tranny to my d17. i would like to have a 6speed tranny or a 5 sp long gears.
thank you

·
Registered
397 Posts
Some manufacturers makes kit to fit b-series tranny to F- and H-series engines. Maybe they can make a kit for you to use b-series or any other tranny to your d.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
You could always make an adapter plate to fit a rsx-s 6 speed tranny.
you sir have just commited a mega fail gtfo of this thread and take your fail with you

·
Registered
509 Posts
you can get a 6 speed tranny for your em2. honda makes one. it costs about 3k used and comes with an engine , lol , a k20.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
Fail? he asked about a 6sp tranny. So that would be the only way I could see it. Both motors use a cable tranny. So it could be done. But its better to add the K motor with it.
did you just suggest the k20 uses a cable tranny?

and google k20 and d17 the trannys are on different sides of the engines bay...

freaking noobs these days its called google

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
its a fail because the K spins the opposite direction... he gonna race it in reverse?
i know there have been more ruthless newb beatings recently. but jeez look into something before you post it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
and google k20 and d17 the trannys are on different sides of the engines bay...
yes spins in oposite directions...

honda's d's, b's, h's (and some others) engines are the only (maybe other makes too) production engines that spins in the opposite direction (negative).

Also with aftermarket trannys you will have the same situation.

·
Registered
eg hatch
194 Posts
yes spins in oposite directions...

honda's d's, b's, h's (and some others) engines are the only (maybe other makes too) production engines that spins in the opposite direction (negative).

Also with aftermarket trannys you will have the same situation.
Wow I did not know that k20 tranny spin the other way...can you plz explain how that works??? I really want to know

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
i got it!!!!

put on a 6 speed knob and lie out your teeth to people who get in your car

1 - 20 of 74 Posts