Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to the boosting scene. I have a 97 hatch with a d16y7 stock motor (105k miles). So in the past month(s) I've been reading up on turbo d's, and can see the power potential for them. My question is, is the y7 worth boosting, or should I swap to a z6 or y8 motor instead? I know the y7 is the weakest of the d's, so I was hoping some of the y7 boosters could chime in and gimmie their 2 cents on boosting y7's and what they're running. But ANY input would be greatly appreciated. thanks everyone!

-tim-

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm boosting my y7, just to see what it can do.
I'd suggest, getting the y8 Intake manifold first, then boost it.
Also, you're going to need bigger injector, because the y7s are 190CC.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
YES!!! just get the y8 mani...

·
Registered
158 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
I agree, the Y7 is a fun motor to boost or so Ive heard....
Had really didn't have a choice, it was the only 4dr civic i could get quickly.
The y7 has it draw backs, the gay ass intake manifold, no v-tec(i like it better without Vtec)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea, i'm piecing the setup together slowly. im planning to go t3 .60 trim, 450cc injectors, uberdata, etc. im startin to look for the y8 mani now..also, i was wondering if anyone knew where i can get a JRC (johnnyracecar) FMIC thatll cover the mouth of my 98 bumper. I've tried to go to johnnyracecar.com but i dont think his site is coming back anytime soon..any ideas guys? oh and thanks for all the input so far. i'm determined to boost the y7 by end of july!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do yall think a boosted y7 (stock internals @ 6-8 lbs of boost) can hang with a gsr integ?

·
Registered
787 Posts
jdtim said:
do yall think a boosted y7 (stock internals @ 6-8 lbs of boost) can hang with a gsr integ?
w/o a dought ull smoke him

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
S Q A D said:
you will be raping GSR swapped hatchbacks

dont even worry about a heavy ass Integra
It pulls so much to pass before GSR swapped hatchbacks ?

NICE :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the input guys! now what about a stock boosted y7 ek vs. a stock boosted z6 delsol lol

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
jdtim said:
You will be raping the shit out of B-series motors. A GSR isnt shit compared to a boosted single cam :thehump:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts