Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have looked at some of my options and have talked to some guys on here like "NEP" and I have seen this site and the results from the sohchonda forum and saw that this guy Frank has made 130+whp on this cam, cam gear, valve springs, and retainers oh and a tune too with stock bottom end. Is this stuff that good? I mean I have a ZEX cam and if this stuff is true hell, I kinda hate that I bought it because I wished I had saved my money and bought this package. My question is it worth it?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I'm gonna be the test bunny huh? WTF! Okay, that's cool I'm gonna get em' just to see what happens. It's gotta be better than the ZEX cam at least.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
their cam is an almost EXACT copy of the crower.

his name is ghettoracer on here and many other forums. 525 shipped for a FULL head package is hard to beat....

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I'm saying. I talked to him (Frank) today and he said that he was gonna run that price for a while. I'm gonna try and sell my ZEX and put some money with it to buy that kit. I kinda feel sorry for him, he said that the project car was STOLEN! Man that fucking sucks, I'm glad I live where I do theives aren't that bad around here. You just have to worry about people stealing your motor. There was a guy on the coast of Mississippi that got his ITR motor stolen, he found the guy that stole it and tried to get it back one night. While getting it out of the other guy's car he heard a noise and saw the guy that did it in the window looking at him and his friend (that was helping steal it back) he made a run for it and got shot in the back with a
.357 and died right there in the guy's yard. The guy that shot him is looking like he may do time. Man it just makes me think how appreciative I am where I live.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
yup lol Im in NH, people up here (except boston) dislike hondas lol, its alll trucks up here :).

yea frank is a good guy im trying to get little BS taken care of so I can finaly buy a kit from akmee.

Im just debating typeS or R....

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Yeah dude that means 150whp is possible with a better header, port and polish, and intake manifold. Sweet. 150whp on a stock bottom end running 87 octane. DOPE.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah this akmee cam/valvetrain package sounds like some decent Dseries performance research is going. I will be rockin the stock y8 cam with my new z6 hybrid setup in the spring so I will have lots of time before a new cam purchase. I was really leaning towards a crower stage 2, but it almost seems like this cam is tied. Please keep up us posted on the gains as this setup might be a very good thing for dseries.

The type r cam sounds like it would be sweet..but its very similar to the crower st.3 which im 97% sure would have piston/valve interference with pm6 pistons and rods, y8 head, and z6 block.
I know Eyal_951 pretty much proved that as far as piston/valve interference with a crower stage 2 with p28 pistons and rods in a z6 with y8 head there isnt any.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Did you order it yet, and is it going on a stock motor? If not what r ur mods so i can guess hp. HAH

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
4,118 Posts
I am getting my Type-S camkit this week so ill try to get a dyno reading before and after....
Hey, when you get the shit on and dyno'ed could you do a basic write up that inculdes all your mods and whatnot? A lot of people are standing at the ledge, salivating at the price, trying to decide to jump or not. Me included. If this setup is as good as it seems, I might say fuck the turbo...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did you order it yet, and is it going on a stock motor? If not what r ur mods so i can guess hp. HAH
The parts are in the mail so I will get them in a few days.
(Akmee Type-S Cam, springs and titanium retainers)

Haven't done much with it, will have a BPi flow stack on the OEM intakehose and have DC Sports 4-2-1 header with Supersprint exhaust. Other than that I have a Fidanza 7,5lbs Flywheel.
The ECU will be tuned with Chrome.
Will be running European 95 oct witch is the same as American 90-91 oct.

·
Registered
255 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.