Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just browsing majestic and noticed that the part numbers are different. Are they actually different? different number of teeth? I put one on from a b7 on my a6 and seemed to fit. I do hear a weird whinning/kinda noise in my car, I that I have no idea what it is.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
(106RU24 A-555) 89 DX
(107R24 A-555) 89 SI

the 107 and 106 are the tooth count right? I thought they where the same. I've been using the 1.5 1.06 on my sohc zc since I got it and it hasn't snapped or anything. actually I've been using the the MLS HG istead of the stock head gasket, so this would actually be better then right?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
MLS HG not gonna make any difference.

Also, the teeth are spaced 10mm apart, D16 block is 5mm taller, 5 + 5 = 10 mm or one tooth :)

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
5mm equals 0.196 inches. the head gasket is only .011 inches smaller.

so then it would still be tight. but it didn't seem that tight when I put it on this last time. is the 1.5 that's been on my 1.6 junk then if I replace it?

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
go for the 107, just a touch less tension on the belt so it wont cause a premature failure.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your still unable to search or seek your needed correct answers.

I will NOT spoon feed you.

well, I did find find my answer. They are different. but is it ok to use the 1.5 belt on a 1.6? is that really enough to matter. I've been using it since last summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts