Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a jdm d15b running on a p28 and the engine makes 220 miles on a full tank. Is that normal. Am i running too rich? Should i get a p08? With the z6 it was making at least 250 miles per tank. Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The car is a 93 del sol si . Don't really know the size of its tank sorry. 80% highway . 20% city. In the city, i have been gentle on the pedal to see how many miles i can have on a tank with the new engine. Oh i forget to say the car is an auto (does it make any difference?) Thanks.

The only check engine light i've been dealing with is the code 22 (vtec pressure). The thing is that every morning i have that cel. But once the car is warm if i turn it off and restart it , the cel desapears.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
hmmm...if its a 10-11 gallon tank...you should be getting 300+ miles to a tank...I'm turbo and I get 30+ miles to the gallon easily...

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
588 Posts
hmm.. my Y8 gives me just about 220 miles on a tank (reg driving, good mix of fast and slow driving)
economic driving with no vtec no downshifting to pass ****** = near 300 miles.

i KNOW my car is burning too much fuel. that aint supposed to be so low.. i figured 250-300 miles with heavy footed driving.. its what every1 else i know gets :|

·
Registered
49 Posts
i usually get between 220 and 300 depending on how i drive. ive gotten 220 before but thats only when i drive agressively.

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
and so do b swapped cars... i dont have a stock motor..
its a zc vtec swap, stage 3 cam, blah blah.. its all in the tune... and not driving liek a fricken idiot.. which i have trouble doing lol

·
Registered
1997 Honda Civic DX
131 Posts
I get 400 to a tank and the gas light doesnt even turn on in my y7

·
Registered
119 Posts
my 91 ef all stock d15b2 gets 225 miles on 3/4 tank with heavy driving. cant fill the tank to the top because it will leak.

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
iget right at 300 to a tank in my HD rex with mini-me turbo un tuned running pig rich

1 - 19 of 19 Posts