Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i did intake, header and exhaust...as far as "bolt ons" go, is this all the hp gains i can count on? i cant do boost, yet. i cant rebuild an N/A monster, yet. this is my daily driver and i dont know what else will gain me any ponies...cant tune/k-pro this d17a2...whats next? will a cam gear get me anything? im hella new to this, and feel dumb as hell, a little outa my element...any advice/clarification would be greatly appriciated!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
If you cant tune you might as well just not bother doing anything, the extra 10hp youll get from bolt-ons will not be very noticeable and is not worth the price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive been on hondata, thats a no go...searchin all over for d17a2 options...not much comin up...ill keep lookin, and i guess i should SEARCH THIS SITE (thx slowcivic) tryin to self edjucate is a beeotch...most of you guys are speakin greek...hella :)

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
Just giving a bit more advice, never fall for the egay ecu chips. A cam, valve job and tune are your next options like said before. I say save your pennies, do research, and boost. I know nothing about the newer D motors so thats up to you to gain the knowledge. What are its weak points? What works the best for it (cams/pistons/rods/compression ratio/etc) All things that can be found here by serching. Our search button is very keyword sensitive from my experience.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im in WA state so no laws to bitch about...that's a good thing...i wanna boost, dont get it twisted, just not feasible for a couple more years...

i know there isnt a "magic chip" that i can get on ebay for $16 that'll get me 20 ponies...the d17a2 ecu is not tunable from what im finding...

is it worth doing a cam, cam gear and valve job if i cant tune? wtf?!?!? if youre about to say k-swap bite your tongue...

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Won't give you any Hp but a good set of lightweight wheels makes a big difference in how your car feels. Going from 15" Konigs heliums to heavy ass 17's on my integra was ridiculously noticable. Feels like I'm carrying a couple dead bodies in my hatch.

·
Registered
a car
1,461 Posts
so i did intake, header and exhaust...as far as "bolt ons" go, is this all the hp gains i can count on? i cant do boost, yet. i cant rebuild an N/A monster, yet. this is my daily driver and i dont know what else will gain me any ponies...cant tune/k-pro this d17a2...whats next? will a cam gear get me anything? im hella new to this, and feel dumb as hell, a little outa my element...any advice/clarification would be greatly appriciated!
use the search option, lots of builds on here
You're not listening. If you can't tune NOTHING you can do will be worth the time, money or effort.
THIS^

bolt ons are more or less useless. naturally aspirated hondas are not fast. quick yes, but just not worth it imo(unless swapped).

sooo....boost is the only way you will get real power out of that motor. good luck.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Convert to obd1, and get rid of the d17. Youll be much happier with a z6 or y8. The D17 is just kinda expensive and hard to find parts for.
You're not listening. If you can't tune NOTHING you can do will be worth the time, money or effort.
^^^Truth: Convert, throw in a cam, tune. Easy peasy cheap and happy! :TU:

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Did'nt read any post except for the intro.
Im sure others will agree with me though.

You have a D17?
After bolt'ons the only thing to do is turbo that bitch of an engine Honda made.

Personally hate the D17 and find it usless to build N/A.
You should keep that as youre DD and find another project (EH or EK) and get a more user friendly engine to work on

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
im in WA state so no laws to bitch about...that's a good thing...i wanna boost, dont get it twisted, just not feasible for a couple more years...

i know there isnt a "magic chip" that i can get on ebay for $16 that'll get me 20 ponies...the d17a2 ecu is not tunable from what im finding...

is it worth doing a cam, cam gear and valve job if i cant tune? wtf?!?!? if youre about to say k-swap bite your tongue...

K-pro

D17 tuning is done on K-pro

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hondata doesn't make k-pro for the d17a2...tmack is right, it is a bitch of an engine...boost and tune will require a "slave" ecu or something to hook up k-pro? jeezuz this is shitty...what is a convert to obd1? z6? y8? im effin retarded...

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
hondata doesn't make k-pro for the d17a2...tmack is right, it is a bitch of an engine...boost and tune will require a "slave" ecu or something to hook up k-pro? jeezuz this is shitty...what is a convert to obd1? z6? y8? im effin retarded...
Yes they make a k-pro for the D17.

Honestly youre much better off spending that money on a swap and converting to OBD-1.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.