Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
I have a d15z1 motor and I just redid all belts, timing belt included and I have 1 question. After I installed the timing belt and set the tension just right, I started the motor and it sounds fine. But however I see that the timing belt moves back towards the block on the grooves even though it started flush to the outer face of the cam gear. I took off the top cover and moved the belt back flush and tightened the tensioner harder and started it again and it did the same thing. Is this how it’s supposed to be?
BE48DBB7-CD02-4952-8B2C-1FD3E40D3062.jpeg

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,034 Posts
Aftermarket cam gears are known for this, more specifically the cheaper ones.

My Golden Eagle is a decent unit, but even it rides right on the edge, but not over. It gives full engagement of the belt.

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
What is the worry here?

The factory cam gear does this too. nothing to be worried about.

Just be sure the backside is still fully on the belt and not over-hanging at all. overhanging on the back will kill the belt pretty fast

Reactions: Tmoglupe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

My Golden Eagle is a decent unit, but even it rides right on the edge, but not over. It gives full engagement of the belt.

Ok thanks for y’all’s input I’m glad I don’t have to worry about it.

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
In future, the quote system goes like this. Hit the quote + button, then simply scroill down, and it will have that insert quotes button available.

New system is goofy

But yeah, you look to be fine.

Doubel check those bolts adjusting the camgear every oil change. Just glance at them and make sure they show no signs of movement.

Reactions: Tmoglupe
1 - 7 of 7 Posts