Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv got vitara piston and i measured my P2W clearance and its at about .008" its a tight fit for the .008" feeler guage but i can get it in.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
First off whats your hp goals? Theres some guys running 450+ whp whit .008 p2w clearence as the pistons will expamd A LOT more at that hp level.

But in general, .008 is too much, by quite a bit. Recommended p2w clearence for vitaras is .003 around the 350whp range. If you run .008, you will get some major piston slap, especially upon cold starts. Also the skirts and cylinder walls wont last as long due to the contant beating they will be taking. You will also face the issue of blowby with that much clearence... I run .0015, my goals are around 350whp, this will eliminate the cold start up slapping, but leaves enough room for expansion.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its still the stock bore.. oh well im gonna run it and be slap happy :) cause i need a car now. so ill just get another block and some 75.5mm vitars and build another bottom end

·
www.rifftrax.com
1,517 Posts
you will have problems with blow-by. hope you have a GOOD pcv system setup. i ran vitaras with stock bore and it sounds like a diesel.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wont boost it then and im about to go rip out the vitara and put the stock piston and rods back in..

and ill get another block and some 75.5mm pistons and get it bored

the only reason i didnt get it bored in the first place is becuase there is only 1 machine shop around here and he wanted 300$ to bore hone and hot tank.. i told him GFYS

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
the only reason i didnt get it bored in the first place is becuase there is only 1 machine shop around here and he wanted 300$ to bore hone and hot tank.. i told him GFYS
You get off easily over there...! I paid more than $400 here in Norway, and didn't have any alternatives either...
But I was happy with the job, so I won't even complaint.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
you will have problems with blow-by. hope you have a GOOD pcv system setup. i ran vitaras with stock bore and it sounds like a diesel.
x2!
i wont boost it then and im about to go rip out the vitara and put the stock piston and rods back in..

and ill get another block and some 75.5mm pistons and get it bored

$300 is a little spendy. I paid $475 for: bore, hone, tank, block notch, girdle notch , short block assembly

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i would have payed it if it was a good shop or something but this was a red neck in a dirty little room in the back of a reject autoparts store

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just for comparison, local performance shops here in Ohio and Indiana will hot tank, bore and hone for about 100 bucks.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
I went w/ a .002 p/w clearance (right in stock specs)
I paid $130 for bore, hone, and hot tank (he decked it for free because he took so damn long)
so yeah $300 is a high
and
.008 is too big IMO
he decked it for free?! dam! i paid $60 for mine.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
i paid 200 for .40 bore, hot tank, pistons pressed to rods and short block assembled, not a bad job but i still removed the pan and inspected everything before bolting it all back together.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts