Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about selling my car lately so that I can buy a new car. I wanted to see what you guys thought would be a fair price if I did in fact put it up for sale. The number I have in my mind is $5500. I am not sure whether thats too much or fair. Ill list below the info on it and some pics. Thanks!

Car:
1998 Honda Civic EX
140K with no ticks, grinds or noises, burns no oil between oil changes
Waterpump and timing belt changed at 120K with reciept somewhere
Full tune up at 130K, plugs, wires, fuel pump etc.
New Alternator at 135K

Interior:
Skunk2 dual bend shifter
Skunk2 weighted knob
Pioneer MP3 head unit with iPod connection for ipod control through the radio no cheap fm modulator crap
kicker 300x2 amplifier
Phoenix Gold Platinum series 12" sub in ported box
tinted windows
sony 6 1/2 speakers up front, pioneer 6x9 rear

Exterior:
VSR 16" rims black with polished lip, same mold as rota c8 w/kumho asx all season tires and wheel locks
Polyurethane type r lip, this means no busted lips!
type r style grill
99-00 front end conversion
password jdm yellow foglights
99-00 tail lights
diy black housing headlights

Suspension:
Form and Function 24-way full adjustable coilovers 10k f/ 6k r
Form and Function rear lower control arms (not installed but come with the car)
Blox adjustable control arms up front

Engine:
Js racing replica intake non-carbon fiber aka The Whale Penis
unknown header and straight flow cat
Apexi World Sport 2 Exhaust

Problems:
There are only 2 problems with the car. The first is that it has a salvage/rebuilt title. All this means is that once upon a time this car was in a front end collision and the air bags deployed, the insurance company found it cheaper to total the car out then to fix the airbags. A local guy in my area buys these cars replaces the parts and gets a rebuilt title on them and sells them. I bought my car from him. He is very reputable, so reputable that my sister in law bought her car from him (95 civic) about 6 years ago, and she drives the hell out of it going literally 10k between oil changes and there isnt a damn thing wrong with the car so i know for this guy to have bought, fixed, and resold my car to me it was in damn good condition when it started. the other problem is at some point during school someone backed into me and made a nice mark on the rear bumper right above the tail pipe.

parts:
I have extra parts that would go with the car cause i wouldnt need them, this would include a brand new set of lower control arms, extra p2p ecu, extra dizzy, front upper strut bar that i took off, and probably a few other things

·
Registered
869 Posts
looks good if you are going to try and sell it put a higher price on it and let them talk you down so they think they are getting a better deal

·
Registered
94 civic dx
1,876 Posts
i'd buy it for 5500 - that is if i had the money. but sounds good to me.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Even though it is a rebuilt/salvaged title, it's still not a clean title. That will steer away a lot of buyers.

Swap in a JDM B16, do a clean job of it, and you could probably get more than 7K for it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even though it is a rebuilt/salvaged title, it's still not a clean title. That will steer away a lot of buyers.

Swap in a JDM B16, do a clean job of it, and you could probably get more than 7K for it.
my only hassle with that is thats more money i have to put into it, and if im gonna take the time to swap a motor ill make it worthwhile and keep the car for myself and save myself on payments. possibly h22 or k20

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
my only hassle with that is thats more money i have to put into it, and if im gonna take the time to swap a motor ill make it worthwhile and keep the car for myself and save myself on payments. possibly h22 or k20
just keep it and turbo it, makes it an entirely new driving exp. You going to be around this weekend? I finally have some free time and thought about riding down for you to check out the coupe :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just keep it and turbo it, makes it an entirely new driving exp. You going to be around this weekend? I finally have some free time and thought about riding down for you to check out the coupe :)
ill be around but im suppose to be working on a paper haha. I wouldnt mind keeping it really, my problem with that is i was told that georgia wont allow you to register a salvage title car, and i may be moving there next year and i want to be able to take my car with me

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
as soon as you tell people its salvaged your offers will drop 2-3k..... look the blue book up and see what its worth
id say 5500 is fine for a good title equal of your car.. but not for a salvaged car

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
It's a very nice car and if it was me, I'd probably keep it.

You do have two big downsides though:
1. No matter if it's a Honda or not, the miles are high
2. Cars with salvaged title are worth no more than 40% of a the same car with a clean title.

Then again, the stuff I listed above only apply to stock cars, and yours is not exactly stock, so I wouldn't be surprised if you did get 5K+
a b-series engine would definetelly bump up the value, but the swap would probably cost more than what you'd gain by it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's a very nice car and if it was me, I'd probably keep it.

You do have two big downsides though:
1. No matter if it's a Honda or not, the miles are high
2. Cars with salvaged title are worth no more than 40% of a the same car with a clean title.

Then again, the stuff I listed above only apply to stock cars, and yours is not exactly stock, so I wouldn't be surprised if you did get 5K+
a b-series engine would definetelly bump up the value, but the swap would probably cost more than what you'd gain by it.

Good luck.

thanks for the comments, like i said i know the salvage title means a lot, to some people. Im hoping IF and when i sell it that it will be a local buyer because ususally they dont care if its salvage. For example we sold my wifes car that was bought from the same man with a salvage title, it was a 95 civic with 150k on the clock bone stock with a few motor problems and we still got 2700 for it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts