Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, don't know if this have been cover already but all I find is information about a plug and play resistor box to be used on an EK 96-2000 Civic.

Civic EG :: View topic - DIY: Resistor Box Install w/o cutting wires
Complete DIY Plug and Play OBD2 Civic Resistor Box Write-up EJ6 EJ7 EJ8 EM1 EG1 EG2 EH6 - Honda-Tech
Clean and SOLDERLESS Resistor Box Install (looks stock) - Honda-Tech
hhttp://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/album53/album96/album129/album153/ttp://http://nzhondas.com/hybrid/140287-wiring-resistor-box-pack-eg-use-low-impedance-injectors.htmlwww.c-speedr.com/howto/resistorboxwiring/resistor_box_wiring.php

Some of link that I checked besides the ones from DSO. What I would like to do , if possible, is to plug a resistor box to the dead end plug on my 92 Civic, so that I can use my 1000cc injectors (obviously I will need tuning for this) but If I decide to go back to completely stock, all I have to do is unplug the resistor box, put back the white screen, and then put back the plastic cap back on the the dead end plug and I'm done.

I REALLY DON'T WANT TO CUT my oem harness at all if possible, all the cutting will be done at the resistor box. . I already did my testing for continuity and know which wires are for the injectors at my dead end, I heard that a plug from a alternator will work but I wanted to find out from you guys if this is possible.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Stop running old, crappy injectors and use proper new injectors from Injector Nation.

Once you do that, you won't have to bother with anything silly.

To answer your direct question, yes, it is exceedingly easy to make a plug and play injector resistor harness. It will require some depinning skills and a matching male and female connector set.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To answer your direct question, yes, it is exceedingly easy to make a plug and play injector resistor harness. It will require some depinning skills and a matching male and female connector set.
Acid B, so I have to get a female and male plug to be able to do this, new plugs all together you mean?

I won't be able to used the dead end as the female plug and then find a male plug for it?

By depinning you mean to do it for all the wires going into the dead end plug?

thank you guys, please keep it coming.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
No. You just have to match the plugs. Honestly, the easiest way to do this is go to a junk yard and get a resistor box and depin the engine harness side. Go back to your car, depin the dead plug. Insert the wires from your harness into the plug and now you have a completely reversible resistor box installed.

I still say don't run old, crappy injectors, though.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I'm with Beav but if this was 2002 I would use a 8 pin distributor plug (you'll probably have cut and solder the resister box wires to the distributor plug leads as I doubt the pins are the same size on the resister box).

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts