Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just wanderin if any one has herd of these manifolds and if they are any good looks to be brac

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
i have never heard of them, but it looks like the old turbo xs manifold i used to have. where did you find this one and how much is it.

ryan

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh it is on nopi .com and it is like 135 shipped with the 50% member discount sorry for not putting that in here

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
ive seen people run them. but i dont know if its any better than that SSAC shit. i personally dont like the shiny material. i would have to coat it or wrap it or soemthing.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just want to know everyones opinion I think it looks a whole lot more secure than the ssac sh#@

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
my friend just bought a used one that looked like that. one of the braces broke and it had developed a crack. we rebraced it, welded the crack, and it is currently holding up. i am sure it would work for a mild turbo build, just keep an eye out for stress cracks. turbos are heavy and exert a lot of force on the primaries.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
my friend just bought a used one that looked like that. one of the braces broke and it had developed a crack. we rebraced it, welded the crack, and it is currently holding up. i am sure it would work for a mild turbo build, just keep an eye out for stress cracks. turbos are heavy and exert a lot of force on the primaries.
If it cracked once, it will most likely crack again. Those manifolds are junk. I dont even think they backpurge the welds on them do they? Anyways, you can brace them in everyway possilbe, but without backpurging the welds, they will crack again with enough heat.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
what is backpurging
let me find a link that explains it for you. I read about it before i bought my manifold because i almost bought one of those chinese pieces of garbage. Then someone told me to make sure that they backpurged the weld, and if they didnt not to buy it. I then learned that it would cause hot spots and cause it to crack. There was a thread a few days ago about it, i will find it and the link that i read about it so you will know what it is.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts