Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well..im doing a mini me...and just gonna boost that...probably build the hea.d.its a d16z6 head. throw a nice t3/t4 or just a t3 and thats it...but is it pointless to boost a d15b8 block?...im lookin to run 14's..possibly 13's..just a nice daily driver..ya kno..ive searched but..all i see is the idiots say that a b series is better or its pointless to boost it....with no good reasoning..any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2011 VW Jetta Tdi
106 Posts
Its all up to you man. If ya dont mind building it and then end up pulling it out again if it blows up then id say go for it. Just get it tuned VERY well and hopefully that bottom end will hold together well for ya. If youve got the z6 head, you should be able to yank that off it if the bottom end goes and use it on another short block.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
before you put the z6 head on it.. make sure it has the 4 valve relief pistons and not the 2 valve relief pistons.. chances of bending valves with the 2 valve relief..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there any way to reinforce the bottom end? if not i might just save up for a z6..but i have a blown headgasket so i figured jus do a mini me..build the head..zex cam..valves....idk bout the bottom end cause i dont think anyone makes forged internals for a b8

·
Registered
2011 VW Jetta Tdi
106 Posts
Not to threadjack but whats the difference in bottom ends from the d15b1/2/7/8 series you mentioned and the jdm d15b?

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Not to threadjack but whats the difference in bottom ends from the d15b1/2/7/8 series you mentioned and the jdm d15b?
journal size is different

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
y not just boost a z6?

ull have better results n itd hold better...

(but obv. we all want u 2 build the bottom end b4 u boost)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts