Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of a t3/t4 50 trim turbo.. im about to have a fully built d16z6,rods,pistons yadayada.. the head is stock for now though

and i want something that will make about 300whp ish but not start really boosting till about 3k rpm.. its gonna be a daily driver and i commute with my cx trans i cruise at about 80mph pulling just under 3k 2.5k ish rpm and i want it to be fuel friendly unless i decided i need to merge quick ;)

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
50 trim is a great choice. Spool time is pretty decent and its been proven to over 300hp. search for Vtecduck's build here. he made 325 with a 50 trim

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
50 trim is a great choice. Spool time is pretty decent and its been proven to over 300hp. search for Vtecduck's build here. he made 325 with a 50 trim
Yeah, spool time is good for a dd. It will hit full boost by about 5,500 and pull all the way to redline. There is still life in that turbo at 7,400 where they have my limiter set due to a bone stock head with 200,000 miles on it lol. Mine did 325 at 20.5 psi on a conservative tune :D.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
hybrid turbos are perfect for the highway. and 300 with a 50 trim should be no problem.
great gas mileage, and just down shift and you have all the passing power that you need.
if my goals where 300 to almost mid 300s id def go with a 50 trim.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
yes sir, 50 trim is a good choice

·
Registered
504 Posts
my 50 trim still breaths at around 7200 when i shift i think it will go alittle higher but im not sure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Turbo

I talked to Go-Autoworks.com about what turbo I should get and they told me that I should get the Bullseye 57 trim with .70AR turbo because my goal is to get high 11s and low 12s with at least 18 psi and at least 350 whp ish. Also what turbo manifold that best fit with this turbo. I was thinking about the ramhorn turbo manifold. What do you guys think about thid turbo?. Because I heard that the 50 trim with the .70 AR Bullseye turbo works the same but the 57 trim got more top end power than the 50 trim?. Please help me out because I got a fully rebuit d16z6 motor with stock sleeve with SRP pistons with .20 bored and port and polish head and head work like after camshaft and valves. I got the eagle rods. I also got a ACT extreme stage 2 clutch with 750 RC inectors, AEM fuel rail, AEM fuel regulator, Hondata s300 ecu, skunk2 intake manifold and body throttle and more... Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts