Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
You can splice a headphone jack and wire it directly to the two front speakers, but it won't be loud. Your best bet is just use headphones; which probably isn't safe, or those iPod speakers.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Some sort of amp or a head unit with aux-in, fm tuner, or cassette deck.

I believe pep-boys sells a cheap amp or maybe you can find a small one from a pawn shop.

If you want to go with another head unit; you just need to find some way of inputting the ipod(fm transmitter, cassette adapter, or aux-in port).

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
i agree with k2e2vin

ipod
4 ch. amp (at least 40w x 4)
1/8th mini jack to rca converter cable

keep in mind that the only volume control will be with the "headroom" the ipod allows.

·
Registered
72 Posts
you could also wire in a potentiometer inline between the mini/rca's and control volume that way. Turn the gain up on the amp, and leave the signal on the ipod whatever it is. If you want extra cool points, use a honda radio block off plate.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Not to jack a thread...

Related to the FM transmitter, is there an FM modulator that's available that jacks directly into the antenna wire rather than transmit over the air? My sis has something like that with a CD changer, the stock antenna plugs into the box and it has its own "antenna wire" that plugs into the radio. All her CDs play over 88.3 on the stock radio and sound as good as the OEM cd player.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Not to jack a thread...

Related to the FM transmitter, is there an FM modulator that's available that jacks directly into the antenna wire rather than transmit over the air? My sis has something like that with a CD changer, the stock antenna plugs into the box and it has its own "antenna wire" that plugs into the radio. All her CDs play over 88.3 on the stock radio and sound as good as the OEM cd player.
yes there are ones that directly plug into the cars factory antenna location, you can pick them up from circuit city. Audiovox makes them and they work well.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Some sort of amp or a head unit with aux-in, fm tuner, or cassette deck.

I believe pep-boys sells a cheap amp or maybe you can find a small one from a pawn shop.

If you want to go with another head unit; you just need to find some way of inputting the ipod(fm transmitter, cassette adapter, or aux-in port).
This is probably the easiest and cheapest. I agree!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts