Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow iPhone gamers. If you remember Scorched Earth, then you should already be downloading this game. iShoot supports Hotseat MP up to four people.

For those that don't know Scorched Earth, it's a 2D game that basically has a bunch of tanks try to destroy each other on deformable terrain. Weapon selection for iShoot is pretty damned good, bombs that roll, cluster bombs, missiles, nukes, portable mountains to bury your opponents, and many others I've yet to try.

The deformation terrain is represented by photographs of mountains, canyons, even the white house (haven't seen them all yet). You can name your own player, choose a tank color and type.

Sadly no wi-fi or online MP, it would be an epic update though.

It also supports the resume function AND allows you to play/control your own music.

Anyone who has played Cannon Game by Discovery, this is the real meat.

The game isn't without it's flaws though. The fire button is time sensitive, in other words, hold down the fire button for how much power you want to use. The angle of the cannon is intuitive though, simply point in the direction you want to fire.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It does have it's caveats, but going from a Samsung A707 Sync (Cingular) to the iPhone with AT&T I had substantially better signal, this coming from rural Alabama. Rural as in we don't even have broadband yet (barring the craptastic Satellite).

I do encounter bad reception inside my work place, but they intentionally block cell phone signals.

It all depends on your area I guess...still buck for buck the iPhone is the damn best gadget I have bought in a LONG time. I use it for grocery shopping, NES and SNES gaming, web surfing, Youtube surfing, gauging my gas mileage, practicing Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji for Japanese, reading full (and free) novels, converting any sentance into morse code, recalling any part of the Constitution of the United States, getting quick reviews on the latest games for all the consoles, PCs, and portable gaming systems, track the stars at night, pull up movie times at my local theater and watch previews for any movie I want to see, control Winamp on my PC remotely, check my mail, and of course use as a GPS....

(breathes)

It can do other things too... lol

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
so far my favorite game is toy bot diaries, way more fun then the ishoot :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts