Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if this forum is very active , at least compared to what it seemed to be in previous years but i hope you all prove me wrong. I would love the opportunity to be part of the D-series fam jam

I have a 1997 EJ8.
3 Stage Vtec
S40 Gearbox

The car is currently at the body shop getting some work done. I will update as i get it back.
For now, i have some pictures of what the car looked like before.

Thanks,
MS.

Attachments

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
DAMMMMM

Just made carID rep points go up to 7 and green lol.

I like the ride, the wheel and tire fitment is spot on. Can't wait to see what it looks like when you get it back.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
I love it always had a soft spot for black civics especially paint you can see your reflection in.
I hope to one day get mine painted thinking this black would be the way to go for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. Yeah I love the black but it's hell to keep clean especially in the rainy season.
Sailor, I am from Trinidad and Tobago. Small island in the caribbean

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Thanks everyone. Yeah I love the black but it's hell to keep clean especially in the rainy season.
Sailor, I am from Trinidad and Tobago. Small island in the caribbean
I know all to well the issues with keeping black clean.
I have to travel 2-1/2 miles down a dirt and gravel road on my motorcycle that is black. The dust alone normally turns it a tan color and no point in washing it off because I have to me the same trip to get home.
Especially rough in the rain to keep them clean its like the mud stains the paint.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yepp. im considering wrapping it in a clear bra just to protect the paint. Plus it would make cleaning a whole lot easier because I wont have to be too careful.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
The black will show swirl marks if you aren't careful.
Need to update the Avatar now!

So what are you plans from here on for it?
Any mods or just a clean daily?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am super careful. Using different buckets with grit guards. Separate microfiber cloths, making passes in one direction to avoid rubbing in dirt etc. but I'm still seeing swirls. I guess you can't really avoid it completely.

Yeah ill update the avatar soon.

I dont really have much mods planned, at least for this engine. I have an S20-B000 Transmission waiting to go in. Other than that, there isnt much that can be done with a 3-Stage head.

I have a lot of interior work to get done so I might focus on that for now. I need to redo the headliner, carpet, replace steering wheel, seats and instrument panel.

The only problem is the price. The cost of Honda parts in my country are ridiculous especially if they are rare. We pay almost twice the amount someone would pay in the US.

Anyone can feel free to let me know if you have any ideas/suggestions for mods for the car.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Is the higher pricing on parts because of shipping to your area?
Seems like you should get the same pricing online as anyone else would.
I use Hmotorsonline.com for any rare or harder to find parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If i'm ordering online, the shipping and taxes I have to pay is about the same cost as the item.
If I'm buying it locally (scrapyard/other owners) they raise the price so much that it isnt worth it. For example, a guy was selling Type R mats (not even in great condition) for about 300US. There is no way i'm spending that amount on mats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts