Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys glad to be a part of the forum after lurking for a few weeks, just wanna say thanks to everyone and I'd be lost without you haha. I've been missing my h22 prelude I had a few years back so I ended up buying a 98 civic ex 2 door manual for cheap and cant wait to get it tuned up. Thing is once I dug into this car I realized its turning into quite a can of worms, im calling it franken civic because so many parts are mismatched... It has 4 different tires, one is a 215 the rest are 205, the rims are konigs but there bent, it has an auto cluster, the struts are blown, 3 are stock one is a kyb, the cat is removed, the trunk had about 4" of water with aquatic life growing in it, broken motor mount, bad input shaft bearing, and to top it all off it has a D16Z6 WITH A Y5 HEAD...[ bang head on wall] so In other words its a typical used civic where im from lol. Should be a fun time getting this thing back in order and maybe adding a little somethin somethin ;)

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,380 Posts
whats the question about the d16 head surface? Im lost

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I'm trying to figure out how to post pics of it. There's a pretty good nick on one of the passages on the head, next to a cylinder, and I'm wondering if the head is trash.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,380 Posts
go get it milled.

or put a gasket on it and see if it sticks out into the aread between the cylinder and head, where the combustion happens. if not, copper spray the gasket both sides and run it. Id get it milled, since its already off. napa charged a buddy 75$ to mill his head. same day turn around

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay I think I know what you mean. I'll most likely run it as is and use copper spray like you said. I considered milling it but it looks like it was previously done. its a vtec e head and I want to upgrade it to a y8 to match the ECU anyways so doesn't have to last that long. Thanks for your help man.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Do like slo said and throw a gasket over it to see where this nick shows up.

Looks like 90% of it isnt even sealed with a gasket, just gonna be floating in coolant.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Decided I'm just going with a y8 head for cheap off craigslist. when I lined up the head gasket was almost halfway through the cylinder wall's sealing surface. I also heard that the line pattern on the head is from being machined poorly and it won't seal right soo def not worth the headache... No pun intended. Thanks for the help guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts