Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, never messed with d series motors (had b powered cars and currently a k24 eg I autocross) but I'm looking at an 89 crx dx to daily and thinking about a budget zc or SOHC vtec swap to learn about the motors and have an easy/cheap project.

(Really I just need to rack up 65 posts so I can access the classifieds, I dont have any idea what these motors are going for nowadays or where to find them)

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
First rule of fight club.......

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,477 Posts
we don't have classifieds. someone lied to you. gtfo

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Wow the intro thread of yours clearly states the intentions of you. We don't just want people here to buy/sell shit, that is for ebay/craigslist. We want productive members here, this is a community not a flea market you can buy puppy's from a mill.

I wasn't going to report you earler but now I am, FUCK!

(Really I just need to rack up 65 posts so I can access the classifieds, I dont have any idea what these motors are going for nowadays or where to find them)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It does state, and those are, my intentions. I can't be of much help recognizing how little I know about d series stuff, nor will I have 65 posts worth of questions ever (all of my questions have been answered by the stickies). I'm here to buy parts so I can learn, maybe after that point I'll be able to share.

·
4,477 Posts
wrong answer. go buy shit off ebay and craigslist. you don't know shit about the engines, but you want to buy parts? logic. I don't know how to make rocket fuel, fuck learning, Ill just buy some gas, a zippo, nos, and a bandaid and see what happens.

Wow the intro thread of yours clearly states the intentions of you. We don't just want people here to buy/sell shit, that is for ebay/craigslist. We want productive members here, this is a community not a flea market

your 65 post rule also comes with mod approval, and considering you have been flagged for post whoring, I doubt it anyway lol. also, isn't there a 30 day membership too? buh-bye

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I buy all my parts from his scrap yard too. He lubes everything with maple syrup.

·
Registered
276 Posts
New here, never messed with d series motors (had b powered cars and currently a k24 eg I autocross) but I'm looking at an 89 crx dx to daily and thinking about a budget zc or SOHC vtec swap to learn about the motors and have an easy/cheap project.

It does state, and those are, my intentions. I can't be of much help recognizing how little I know about d series stuff, nor will I have 65 posts worth of questions ever (all of my questions have been answered by the stickies). I'm here to buy parts so I can learn, maybe after that point I'll be able to share.
Honestly dude, the classifieds are not very active and they are mostly turbo related anyway, so accessing them won't be of much help to you. Much of the current activity on d-series is from a collection of ppl who post useless shit, non-stop... but, that's the case with most all forums these days. However, there are a handful of very informed and sometimes helpful members still posting answers to specific questions in the tech forums. If you can't find it searching, ask there.

·
4,477 Posts
The Falkland Isles have a ratio of about 350:1 sheep to people. OP has a good chance of getting laid if he moves there.
there is an island in japan(?) that has a 6:1 ratio of cats to people. its named cat island, or island of cats....some shit.

since we're throwing out random knowledge bombs.

also, the higher the fall, the more of a chance a cat has to land without being injured.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts