Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys my name is Jay, ive been reading through this site for quite a few months now, yet never got around to actually posting. Seems like every time i start writing i end up finding myself ten pages through a build thread and out of free time lol.

Anyways, my current and third civic is a 2000 lx autotragic beater that i pulled outta my buddy's back yard and threw in a cheap craigslist motor just so that i could get my ass to work. Of course, with 160k on the clock and having been neglected as far as maintenance is concerned, its got its problems. None of which have kept me from driving it, however, untill now..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Since getting her to run, ive put 6k on the clock, the entire time been burning a little coolant and occasionally the TC wont lock up properly, but the car will be getting a new motor/trans after the winter, so im not too worried. Im just tryin to get every last mile outta her at this point. The problem comes in with code 41(PO2HC) which also has been on the entire 6000 miles.

At first i didnt have the primary wired up but after a few months i decided to put the primary in. Still threw code.. I then swapped the primary and secondary o2's to see if it was a bad sensor, still only code 41. Not a bad sensor. Upon visual inspection (do not have a multimeter handy), the circuit looked good from C115 to the sensor to the ecu(C1). I thought maybe a brittle wire had broke in the cold or something, so i rewired the circuit with new wire all the way to the ecu (bout 2 inches back, did not repin). Reset ecu, still threw code. Frustrated i looked over everything the only possible issue i found was the pin at C1 seemed maybe a little loose. So i pulled the plug and pulled C1, pin looked fine but i crimped it slightly just to ensure tight fit to the ecu. Reset ecu, still threw code...

Im about at my wits end with this thing i know that what i wired has continuity. I also know that C115 has power. I even bypassed the sensor plug and wired directly to the sensor wires (heater circuit only, have not had any problems with the sensing circuit(green and white)), and still no luck..

I guess that leaves me with the QUESTION: What signal exactly is the ecu looking for at C1? is it a certain resistance or something? any way i can trick the ecu to think the heater circuit is complete? i just need the CEL to go away so i can get inspected..

Thanks everybody this site has been unbelievably helpful to me so far, and i cannot wait to begin my next build. And of course, ill make a build thread for everyone, gotta dig up some old pictures here lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?? I know its kinda long and boring looking so if you dont care to read the introduction bs please skip to the QUESTION second to last paragraph. I cant seem to find an answer anywhere..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts