Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello SOHC lovers,

Been a long time since I joined a car community. I used to be more active BC (before children), my 10 year old is getting interested in cars and wants to pick up a Civic to wrench on and have ready for him when he's driving. I'm still looking for pictures, if I can find them I'll definitely post up.

My favorite car ever was my 91 hatch, built A6 with PM6 pistons, cam, etc.. Not the fastest car but a ton of fun - when my son said he wanted to work on a car it was my first thought. After the Civic I drove an 03 WRX for 13 years and sold that reluctantly but it was getting rusty and either sink a lot into trying to save it or sell it. Currently the daily is an 02 TLs, fantastic daily with a little pep. Way back in the day I also had an 84 DX hatch and an 86 Integra 5 door, unfortunately no pics of those guys but they were awesome.

Anyways, I'll be lurking on here, doing research, planning and looking for deals on parts that I'll look forward to putting into the project (which we don't have yet - but have decided is going to be a 96-00 sedan).

Thanks for having me,
[email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I'm seeing that this isn't a very busy forum - I'm still pumped and love the simplicity of sohc - sorry that Photobucket has to impose their tyrannical garbage on my beloved hatch. If I had the pics anywhere else I'd host them from there but pics are over 10 years old, so I'm pretty happy that they exist anywhere.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Black car we owned for 13 years, bought it new because we didn't like the 04 redesign, white car was a winter beater I picked up while I had the motor swapped on the black car (lost a valve on #3 - stock rebuilt replacement) another shot of the hatch

Sorry, Photobucket sucks but these are super old photos I don't have saved anywhere else I can find...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, having a good time looking at old photos, really cool day - got a call from my regional VP saying to meet at City Airport in Detroit - Goodyear blimp FTW!

Thing seats seven uncomfortably, open windows and one wheel landing gear on a caster... super cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts