Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been around here for years. Finally signed up last year when I nearly bought an eg but then didn't lol.

I'm a Toyota man. But money is tight and I want more power. It's much more expensive to build a 300+ 4e/5e than it is to build a d16.

It's ok. You can sigh. It will be a 7.**:1 vitara/maxpeeding build. I will hopefully be able to source the extra bits that aren't readily available here like upgraded valve springs,retainers,cam, or even a whole built head..

I will be finishing my current Toyota starlet project first, selling that and then build a d16. The shell will be sorted once I'm happy with the engine.

I'm not a total noob. Have built Toyota engines, turbod a few n.a engines, road mapped my own cars, built my friends forged engine and sorted his turbo kit. I also do wiring for Toyota's. Hopefully I won't be asking any awkwardly noobish questions but keep in mind, Honda specific info is where I fall down a bit but have spent years trawling through the internet regarding D series builds.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Turbo starlet? or is it just a N/A 4e?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is the jap 100ps Na. Which is a turbo engine with high comp pistons. It uses the same material as the turbo pistons and the same rings but in high comp form. It also had its own valve springs which are between turbo and international allowing it to rev to 7200rpm like the turbo.

I've turbod one before and they love it ;). Previously used the baby ct9 but this time I have a Subaru Tf035. Not much bigger but still a nice difference in cfm for the little 1300cc ;)

My thoughts on using the stock length rods for 7:1 comp is that the difference between the power I'm losing off boost and the power I'll gain from the extra boost I can run without det is quite large.. The lads mapping cars over here are usually quite safe though which is great for business when everyone is doing it but I'm sure they are too safe lol.

I'm not sure the difference between our fuel octane rating systems but I doubt your 91 is much better than our 95? Yet we struggle to make power...

Anyway I look forward to building something different!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts