Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here from Tulsa Oklahoma. Not new to Hondas but been about 6 years since I did a turbo on my ex. Anyways I now have an EF hatch with d15b2. I've drove 1100 miles in the last week no problems. I check plugs and all are white like coolant leaking. Should I just do a head gasket? And use stock bolts or ARP studs? I plan on boosting it at 5 psi. And yes I know it still won't be fast but fun is what km going for.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
white like coolant leaking? white plugs tend to say excessive temperatures. Possibly the early stages of it showing a lean condition.

5psi?" that isnt a power spec. 5psi from X turbo is what you should be saying. PSI doesnt equal power.

I suggest you carefully remove the O2 sensor and verify it is in good working condition, and doesnt look like its on the verge of melting.

ohm out the coolant temp sensor and air temp sensor and verify they are not shorted out and causing a bad signal

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
You really gave no information.

You should do a headgaskt test.
do a compression test and see if the head gasket is messed up.

IF you wanna add ARP studs then just go ahead and change the gasket. But it seems like you need to do some more research on what your trying to do.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Information as in? White residue on plugs could mean coolant is leaking. I don't have any other signs of overheating so was seeing if it's a common issue. I don't need help with the turbo information if anything that's the easiest work to do. I don't know much about the car besides stuff I have done in the last week including driving 1100 miles. Even if compression is bad I'd still prefer to fix the issue at hand and drive it until it gives out.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
white like coolant leaking? white plugs tend to say excessive temperatures. Possibly the early stages of it showing a lean condition.l
What else makes you think you have a blown headgasket? Loosing coolant? Overheating? Burning clouds of white smoke?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exhaust smells sweet and a little smoke not any while driving. I've never had whit plugs before so it could be lean. I'll take a pic and post tomorrow

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,454 Posts
Information as in? White residue on plugs could mean coolant is leaking. I don't have any other signs of overheating so was seeing if it's a common issue. I don't need help with the turbo information if anything that's the easiest work to do. I don't know much about the car besides stuff I have done in the last week including driving 1100 miles. Even if compression is bad I'd still prefer to fix the issue at hand and drive it until it gives out.
:whistling::double fuck::dots::greddy::uh:

"I don't know shit about this car, but I do know a turbo will be the easiest part"

fucking logic right there.
ever thought of a google search on how to read plugs and see what that nets you? or maybe any of the above tests? but that makes too much sense. go ahead and put the cart in front of the horse. slap a turbo on, no supporting mods and see how far you make it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes white indicates lean but can also mean there is a coolant passage leaking. I wasnt asking for non helpful or derogatory comments. And you can pretty much slap a turbo on anything. $400 car and $300 to build a kit out of used parts is fun and simple. I'm asking if it is a common problem with this motor and if its not what would be another issue causing that. Which I got a reply.

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Do A radiator pressure test or do the chemical test that tests the coolant for hydrocarbons you can get at autozone or anywhere

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Id say its more common for a lean problem than burning coolant.

Some testing on the engine is in order...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK So did a compression test and results were actually very good.
4-195
3-195
2-185
1-190

Attached image of spark plug. All straps are white with specs like heat damage or lean. O2 sensor looks new I unplugged it and no change.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts